Chapter 33

Savannah POV:

When Jax and I pull into Noelle's driveway, I immediately get the sense that Unser wasn't exaggerating. Something really bad has happened.

"I have a bad feeling about this." I say to Jax as he lightly knocks on the door.

"Me too."

I take a deep breath and Jax grabs my hand to comfort me. I've been so nervous since I learned I was pregnant about how Jax would feel. His reaction tonight just proves how much he truly loves and cares for me. I felt a sense of peace for a few short hours before I received the call that brought me here. I can feel it in my gut, that whatever waits for us behind the door, is not going to continue my short feeling of serenity. The handle on the door turns and Unser is the one to open it. His face is wary and sympathetic until he sees Jax.

"What the hell is he doing here?" He asks me, nodding in Jax's direction.

"You really think I'm gonna let my old lady out of my site my first night home?" Jax asks sarcastically.

"Guess not." Unser scoffs.

"What's going on Wayne?" I ask and he rubs his tired eyes with his wrinkled hands.

"I got a noise complaint at some abandoned warehouse, so I went to go check it out. I found Noelle beaten to pulp and crying in a corner." My mouth drops becoming slightly agape.

I have a feeling on where this is going. This must be why she asked for me.

"Jesus Christ. Who did it?" Jax asks as his breath increases along with his anger.

"I don't know, she won't talk much. Just kept asking for Savvy and begging me not to call Jeff."

"Maybe she'll tell me." I insist and attempt to push past Unser. However his arm stops me before I could break through his barrier.

"I gotta warn you, she's not in great shape, pretty roughed up." Unser says and I nod in understanding.

He withdraws his arm and allows me to make my way inside of the house. I navigate myself to the family room, only to find Noelle sitting with her knees to her chest and her head down. When she looks up at the sound of our presence, the condition of her face startles me. Unser was putting it lightly in his warning. Her eyes are bloodshot and puffy, surely from crying and her left eye is purple and green forming a nasty shiner. Her lip is split and swollen and the rest of her face is scarcely littered with jagged cuts and scratches. I stagger back and Jax's hand immediately finds mine. The nature of her injuries are all too familiar to me and that trip down memory lane is one I'd rather skip.

"What's he doing here?" Noelle asks in between a whimper.

"He's here to help, he's on your side." I say lightly.

I release Jax hand and cautiously make my way over to her. I sit beside her and place my hand on her shoulder but she forces it off as if it was a brutal action.

"Noelle what happened?" I say softly.

Her eyes reluctantly glance at the two men standing a few feet away.

"Why don't you give us a minute?" I suggest. Unser nods in understanding but of course Jax is more stubborn about it.

"You sure?" He asks me.

"I got this." I ensure and he nods in understanding following Unser out the front door.

"What happened?" I ask again as she sniffles and wipes away a stray tear.

"I was driving home from the lot and some girl was freaking out that her baby was choking. I got out the car to go help her and then my mind went black. I woke up and there was a group of men and they-" A loud whimper escapes her lips making her unable to continue.