Chapter 29

Savannah POV:

The hot water running down my spine does nothing to minimize the stress and tenseness of my shoulders. It's been a week now, with Jax inside and as the days go by I continue to grow more stressed and anxious for his release. Supposedly the club has a plan but I don't know how much faith I have in it. I splash my face with the water falling from the shower head in attempts of clearing my thoughts, but I am once again left disappointed. I turn off the water and wrap myself in a towel drying my wet body when a knock is heard at the door. I quickly pull my arms through the sleeves of my robe and make my way to the front door. I grab Jax's gun that he keeps in the cabinet by the door and look through the peep hole to see agent Stahl and another agent outside. I place the gun back in the cabinet and open the door.

"Savannah Morrow?" Stahl asks.

"Can I help you?" I ask indifferently. If there's anything I've learned being a SAMCRO kid, its never act scared. This was no exception, I presented a harsh demeanor so I don't look vulnerable.

"We just have some questions for you, if you don't mind." She says smiling slightly.

"Give me a few minutes to put some clothes on." I say and gesture to my robe that is currently adorning my body.

"That's fine, we'll wait in here." She says pointed to the family room.

"You can wait outside, I'll come get you when I'm ready." I say holding the door wider so they step out of my doorway.

"Very well." She says scoffing at my request.

I wasn't stupid, you don't let a cop in and give them minutes alone with no supervision in your house. What the hell did Stahl think I was? An amerature? She should know the daughter of Clay Morrow was raised smarter than that.

I locked the door and checked out the window to see her whereabouts. She was leaning against her black sedan dialing a number on her cellphone. I quickly make my way into the bedroom and through on a pair of dark skinny jeans, a white camisole and a black knitted cardigan. I pull my hair into a messy bun and make my way back to the front door. I open it and make eye contact with Stahl leaving the door open suggesting for her to follow me inside. I sit on the couch and wait for her looming presence to appear moments later. She sits on the adjacent couch and folds her arms together.

"You said you have questions?" I began.

"Yes, quite a few actually. First things first, hows your abdomen? Kicked you pretty hard there, didn't I?" She asks smugly.

"Oh, I'm fine." I reassure her sarcastically and wave her off with my hand.

She looks slightly disappointed in my calm reaction but her smug grin doesn't falter.

"Well I'm glad. Next question... Do you know where Jackson Teller was at approximately seven a.m, eight days ago. That is the day before he was incarcerated." She informs as if I didn't already know what she was talking about.

My dad already filled me in on the back story. I was supposed to say Jax was in bed with me until six thirty where he then went to work. Even though Stahl would know I was lying she would have no proof to convict me for. As far as she knows I could be kept in the dark on all club business, which is exactly what I was supposed to play out.

"He must have been at work. Left here around six thirty, said he was headed to the lot." I say calmly.

"Are you sure about that? You know lying to protect him can get you into a lot of trouble." She says.

"I'm fully aware, thank you. Look, as far as I know at seven o'clock he was at T.M fixing cars or goofing off with one of the guys. I'm sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for but that's I'll I got. Now if you could wrap this up I have to get to work.