Chapter 28

Savannah POV:

Calling my father offered me no peace of mind. Sure he said he would take care of it but if the cops had enough evidence to pick him up only days after the hit, they must have something good. The worst part of it all, is that Jax got picked up in the midst of a very important conversation and while we were in a fight. At this point I'm not really sure I can stay mad at him but I don't want to let him off the hook for hurting me physically so easily. Sure I could tell my dad or Jeff, but really all that would cause is drama. Nothing like this has ever happened between me and Jax before and I really hope it never does again. If things escalated further maybe I would consider telling someone but I think I mostly overreacted. When Mike used to apologize after hurting me, you could see the cold and emotionless expression in his eyes. When Jax said he was sorry and that he didn't mean it, I knew he was telling the truth. Hopefully Rosen gets him out quickly so we can continue our conversation, but for now I find myself driving to Donna and Opie's place.

I pull up to the small house and make my way to the front door. I don't bother knocking since she's expecting me.

"Auntie Savvy!" Ellie exclaims from the couch as soon as she sees me come in.

"Hey, kiddo. Where's your momma?" I ask her as I pull her into a tight hug.

"She went to help Kenny clean his room. It was a gross and stinky mess." She says wrinkling her nose.

"Yuck. How about I wait here with you until she comes out?"

"Yeah! can you braid my hair, that cool one that you always do?" She asks grabbing my hand and pulling me to sit with her on the couch.

"Of course I can." I say and her face lights up in a bright smile.

Since I've been back, I've grown very close with Donna and the kids. They always seem to lift my mood and I love Kenny and Ellie as if they were my own. They always have a way of putting a smile on my face and I look forward to the day Jax and I start our own family, if he ever gets out of this mess. Anytime I begin to think so pessimistically it's like my throat begins to close and I can't breathe. Questions begin to pop into my head at all angles and with no filter. What if he get's the death penalty? What he has to serve a life sentence? What happens to us? Will I be able to move on? Will he want me to? I force those thoughts out of my head and focus on doing the best french braid I can with such a jumbled mess of a head for Ellie. We then hear the pitter patter of small feet until we see Kenny make his way to the the living room not looking towards us on the couch until Donna addresses him from behind.

"Look Kenny, it's auntie Sav!" Donna happily announces and Kenny runs over to me, throwing himself in my lap.

"Hi Ken. Did you clean your stinky room up?" I say and he laughs nodding his head.

"Yup, momma found pizza under my bed, that's why it smelt so bad." He says and him and his sister giggle.

"That's gross Ken." I say and wrinkle my nose.

"Tell me about it." Donna says. "Babies why don't you go play outside, me and Savvy will come out in a minute."

"Yeah!" Kenny says excitable.

"Okay, I call the swing." Ellie yells running towards the backyard.

Donna plops down beside me on the couch with a stressful sigh.

"What's up Don?" I ask her slightly concerned.

"If I tell you, promise it stays between us?" She asks hesitantly.

"Of course, what's going on?"

"Not even your mom Savvy and especially not Jax." She warns pointing her index finger at me.