Chapter 19

Savannah POV:

A few days have gone by since out little family meeting with Noelle and Jeff. Thankfully I haven't seen her since, but today that would change. Jeff insisted that because she's now his old lady she help us with SAMCRO booth my mom puts together every year. Great... all of the girls she offended the first time we met her would be there and I somehow know one of them will say something to her and she will go crying to Jeff, who will then turn it on me and my mom. That stupid bitch has got my brother in the palm of her spoiled little hand and she knows it. I push the thoughts about the events that will go down today out of my head as I get dressed for the day. I pull out denim cut off shorts and a black lace tank-top, I tie my hair in a messy bun as I will be outside all day and apply light amounts of black mascara and eye liner. As I am about to put on my shoes I hear the door open and shut lightly, I walk into the kitchen where the back door is and see Jax scanning the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I ask moving closer to him with a grin on my face as he turns his head towards me.

"I'm starving." He says as pulls me gently by the hand so we decrease the distance between our begging lips.

"My mom made her famous chilli for this thing, she's gonna kill you if you don't eat any." I warn as his smile grows wider.

"I think I can handle your mother." He says as he closes the space between us, our lips meeting in a sweet kiss as he grips his hands around my back and picks me up to grant me more access. I'm not short, Jax is just a giant. Our lips continuously explore each other's until we are prying our gazes towards another voice in the kitchen.

"Seriously? Fuck man, I don't wanna see you making out with my sister like that. I'm fucken scarred for life now thanks for that." Jeff says averting his eyes as he speaks incredibly annoyed and repulsed at our displays of affection.

I giggle as Jax places me back on my feet.

"You shouldn't have snuck up on us then." I say as I remain close to Jax's side.

"I didn't sneak up on you, I came with him here!" Jeff says as Jax and I burst into small fits of laughter.

"It's not funny man." Jeff says trying to maintain a serous face.

"Sorry bro, I forgot you were even here. I just got a little carried away." Jax adds as he grabs my hand.

"Yeah, I can see that. C'mon we have to go before Gemma has all of our heads, Savvy go change so we can leave." Jeff demands.

"I'm ready." I say confused.

"No you're not; you're not leaving the house in underwear." Jeff says sternly (protective big brother mode kicking in).

"What is it with all of you and my shorts? There not even that short." I say annoyed once again on the comments given about my shorts, which are really not that short.

"There to fucken short and all the creeps in this town won't hesitate to notice you're ass in them." Jeff says firmly.

"Its fucken hot out there I'm not changing." I say grabbing my purse and sliding my feet into my sandals before I am stopped by an arm halting me from exiting through the door.

"Can you please change you're shorts, I really wouldn't want you to have come pick me up from jail again just because I have to beat the shit out of any guy who looks at you the wrong way. Which they will if you wear those... only I can look at you like that." Jax says whispering the last part so only I could hear.

"Well then you better keep your hands to yourself because I'm not changing." I say gently patting his cheek with my hand as I grin and walk out the door.

"She gets it from my mom." Jeff says stepping out of the house with Jax right behind him.

"Fuck yeah." Jax says chuckling and agreeing with my brother.

"Get what from mom?" I ask.

"Your stubbornness." Jax says grinning as he sits down on his bike and hands me his helmet for me to ware for our short drive.

Jax POV:

We arrived at the fundraiser a short while ago. Savannah was being scurried off by a frantic Gemma who needed her help so I remained with Ope and Jeff. We all three leaned on a wall that was directly in front of our booth and watched our women work while smoking a cigarette. It was the hottest thing to see my old lady in an apron cooking and I couldn't stop staring at her. She noticed a few times and simply grinned or winked her beautiful blue eyes at me and went back to work. She look happy and that gave me peace to know that she felt safe and at ease being back in Charming and being with me. That was the exact opposite of how Noelle looked. She sat in the corner of the booth which had the most shade with a portable fan directly to her face; which had a sour look on it. I don't know what the fuck Jeff saw in her, she looks completely out of place and all of the other girls were doing a good job of ignoring her childish attitude. Noelle made no effort to help or to do anything but give dirty looks at anyone who met her gaze.

"Hey man, what's up with your girl?" I ask Jeff trying to remain indifferent.

"What'd you mean?" Jeff asks dumbfounded.

"I mean look at her, she looks miserable and she's not even doing anything. While I'm on the subject of her she's a fucken snob man. What are you doing with her?" I say completely blowing my chances of appearing detached from the situation.

"Who the fuck asked you man? It's my choice who I want to make my old lady and I'm sick and tired of all of you telling me she's not right for me. What the fuck do any of you know! I told you my sister isn't right for you but that didn't stop you from fucking her now did it? Jeff says now enraged.

Shit I blew my chances of talking about this civilly with him.

"I was just telling you my opinion no need to get your panties in a knot." I joke as I toss my cigarette butt to the ground trying to defuse the situation I've caused by playing it cool.

"You guys are fucked." Opie laughs while shaking his head before he continues. "Jax what's wrong with Savvy?"

I look over to what Opie is staring at and I see Savannah staring across the yard with a look of panic. Immediately I step closer into her view to see what she's staring at. The charming PD booth; there is an unfamiliar older man who must be in his sixties wearing a ridiculously expensive golf shirt behind the grill talking with Hale. I look back at Savannah and she now has tears brimming her eyes, before she lets them fall she runs behind the building as I follow after her.

When I reach her she is hunched behind the wall breathing heavily holding her chest while tears pour out of her eyes. I run to her side quickly and grip her hips to pull her to stand.

"Savvy, what's wrong? Who is that?" I ask growing increasingly worried.

She wipes her tears and her breathing slows. She tries to smile and appear normal again.

"No one I just thought I saw Mike." She lies right to my face as she attempts to walk away before I grip her hand and stop her.

"You're lying! Who the fuck was that?" I ask loudly.

"Jax- it's... don't worry." She says again attempting to smile.

"Savannah, tell me right now." I say coldly.

"It's- he's Mike's dad. He found me he must know that I killed him." She says stuttering at first before barley gaining her composure.

"Shit." I say before wishing the thought remained in my head.