Chapter 27

Jax POV:

The loud shrills of my cellphone ring at a constant rate breaking me from my slumber. I pick up the phone and wince slightly as my eyes adjust to the brightness and I see the time that reads 1:15 A.M. This better be a fucking emergency.

"Jax, answer it." Savannah groans next me in a sleep filled tone.

"Hello?"

"Jackie boy, you need to come down to the clubhouse now." Chibs says on the other line.

"What the fuck for man? It's one in the goddamn morning!" I curse at him.

"The Mayans tried to take out Clay when he was meeting with Cammy Hayes."

"Jesus Christ, he in one piece?" I ask hoping Savvy can't hear what Chibs just said.

"He's fine. Cameron on the other hand not so much. The bastards got two slugs to the ass. Poor son of a bitch is bleeding out, we need you."

"Ok, I'll be right there." I say as I hang up.

I rub my eyes with my hands and sit up on the bed so my feet now touch the ground. The bed shifts slightly and Savannah wraps her arms around my neck from behind, massaging lightly.

"What happened?" She asks in between a yawn.

"The Irishmen who wants us to do the hit for Mckeavey got shot twice in the ass. He's bleeding out."

"Shit."

"The shots were meant for your dad, The Mayans tried to take him out." I reluctantly inform her, I figure she'll find out anyway and if I don't tell her she may very well kill me for lying to her again.

"Oh my god! Is he ok?" She asks now fully awake and wide eyed.

"He's fine, but I gotta head over there."

"Ok, be safe please." She says kissing my neck while hugging me tightly.

"I will. Go back to sleep it's early." I say and stand to my feet.

"Am I gonna see you today?" She mumbles lying back down on the bed.

"No, today's gonna be a long one. I'll be home later tonight though." I tell her and she nods almost asleep already.

"Ok, Love you." She says sleep filled tone returning.

"You too." I say fully dressed making my way to the front door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk into the clubhouse to see the chapel doors wide open and a man's bloody ass and legs being attended to by Chibs and Juice while Clay and Gemma are observing near by.

"Well finally." Clay says meeting me just outside the chapel doors.

"What the fuck happened man?" I ask him.

"Son of a bitch Mayan's came out of no where. Shot up the bar, those two shots were meant for my head." He says gesturing to Cameron's ass on the table.

"What are we gonna do?"

"I called up the Tacoma and Arizona charters, there on their way. We wait for retaliation until after they get here." Clay tells me.

"Makes sense."

"You, Ope and Jeff take care of the hit today and get your asses back here so we can all make a plan together."

"We're still doing the hit?" I ask in disbelief.

"Course we are, it's the one thing the poor son of a bitch asked for." He says gesturing to Cameron.