Chapter 9

Jax POV:

As me and Savannah pull apart I focus on Clay, who is worse than angry, he is irate.

"I asked a fucken question!" He tells us his voice rises piercingly.

"It's not what it looks like." I attempt to reason with him.

"It looks like you are trying to fuck my daughter."

"Dad, me and Jax..." Savannah says losing her nerve as she continues. "Were-"

"You're what? Spit it the hell out!" Clay demands.

"Savannah and I are together." I say for her.

"When the fuck did this happen? She's been back less than a damn week."

"Before I left we sort of had feelings for each other. When I came back they were still there and I..."

"You what Savvy?" he says growing annoyed.

"I- I love him." she finally says.

"You love him? Savvy, you never wanted to live this life. You always said you wanted to move away and marry a guy in a fucken suit. What the fuck happened to that? How do you go from a guy like that to a biker?" Clay goes on becoming calmer as he speaks.

"I love your daughter Clay, I would do anything for her and you know I would take care of her."

"I know that! But she can't handle this kind of life. She could barely take it growing up around it. How do you think she will handle it when you get the gavel?"

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here! I'm not a child, I've spent time away from it and you know where that got me. It got me the boyfriend that I always wanted; only he was an abusive piece of shit! So don't talk to me about what I can handle because you don't even know me anymore dad!" Savannah yells tears pouring out of her eyes and down her cheeks.

Clay, shocked by his daughter's revelation moves towards her trying to reach out and comfort her only she pulls away from him and moves towards me.

"Don't" She says coldly.

"Why didn't you call me Savvy, or your brother?" Clay says hurt at her lack of faith.

"It was my problem, I needed to deal with it on my own and I did." She retorts

"What did that animal do to you?" He asks anger growing in his voice.

"It's over now, it doesn't matter anymore." Savannah says sniffling.

"Yes! It does matter. I'm going to find that piece of shit and I'm going to fucken kill him!" Clay tells her.

"No you're not, I handled it. I don't need or want you or anyone to try and find him. All I want is to move on and forget. If you don't respect that and you go search for him I will never forgive you. I will move away and I promise you will never see or hear from me again. Leave it alone and let me make my own choices." Savannah says as she is fighting to push back more tears.

"This asshole hurt my baby girl, and you want me to leave it alone? Jax did you fucken know about this?" Clay questions with a disapproving tone and look.

"She just told me yesterday." I answer honestly while I hold up my hands in defence.

"You found out and didn't tell me?" He inquires offended.

"It's not his fault; I made him promise not to tell anyone." Savannah defends me. "He had the same thoughts as you if that's what you worried about." She informs him cynically.

"I won't go look for him, but this..." He points in between me and Jax as he continues speaking. "Is not okay with me. My VP dating my little girl, not going to fucken happen."