Chapter 8

Jax POV:

When I woke up Savannah was still wrapped up in my arms. Her eyes were closed and I simply focused at the continuous pace of the rise and fall of her chest. She looked so peaceful when she slept; it is something I would never get tired of waking up too. I grab my cellphone on the coffee table and glance at the screen. Its six o clock. Thank god I don't have any missed calls from the club only two texts from Juice. The first text reads "The guys invited all the crow-eaters. Hurry up and get your ass here if you want dibs on any." Then a few minutes later another was sent. "To late... your loss" with a picture attached of a half-naked blond girl dancing on the bar. I laugh quietly and attempt to get off the couch without waking Savannah up. I untangle my arms from hers and pull myself up trying to move her as little as possible. When I am finally to my feet I re-cover her with the blanket and walk towards my bathroom. I close the door and undress as my clothes topple to the white tiled floor. I take a quick shower allowing the heat to revive my cold skin. When I am done I turn off the nozzle and grab a beige towel to cover myself with. I walk out into the living room hoping Savannah is still asleep but no such luck.

Savannah POV:

When I wake up on the soft couch I am surprised that Jax is not lying next to me or at least in my line of vision. I hope he didn't leave. When I sit up I rub my tired eyes and get to my feet. I stride a few steps until I see Jax naked of anything but a towel around his waist. He was so hot. His muscular build and washboard abs leave me winded as I try to tear my eyes away as he speaks to me.

"Hey, when did you wake up?" he asks sweetly.

"Just now." I say swallowing. He looks at me with a questioning smile.

"You okay?"

Shit he must have noticed my nervousness.

"Yeah I'm fine just a little sleepy." I say

"Why don't we go to bed then." He asks laughing and pulls me up by my legs over his shoulder as he smacks my butt playfully. I laugh uncontrollably as he carries me into his bedroom and lays me down on the bed. He comes on top of me, holding himself up by his elbows and kisses my neck sending shocks down my spine. He continues to lightly kiss down my neck until he reaches my chest. He brings his eyes back up to meet mine and just when we are about to lock lips a loud grumbling noise stops him. He chuckles tucking my hair behind me ear.

"I'm hungry." I say in defence and smile.

"I can tell, let's go get some dinner." He tells me as he gets off me. He grabs my arm and pulls me up gently until I hop to my feet.

I want to stay in the room with him but he has to get dressed and I don't know if we are ready for that. I walk out and decide to look for my phone. When I find it in between the couch cushions I have three missed calls from my mom. I click the redial button and wait for two rings before she picks up.

"Well fuck Savvy glad to know you're alive." She says clearly annoyed and worried.

"Sorry I lost my phone in between the couch and just found it now. Did you want something?" I ask her.

"I was just wondering if you were coming home for dinner, guess not. When are you coming home?"

"Me and Jax are just about to go grab some dinner so I'm not sure. Is something wrong?"

"No, you and Jax have been spending a lot of time together. What's going on between you two?"

As I am about to answer figuring now was as good a time as any Jax steps into my view.

"Ready?" he asks and I know my mom could hear.

"Mom me and Jax are just on our way out I'll call you back." I tell her quickly hanging up.