Chapter 17

I woke up with a pillow beside me, cold. I opened my eyes and the others were huddled together in the corner, where Greyson was sitting the other day. I stood up and walked to them.

"Where's Greyson?" I asked.

They all looked at me angrily. Robert stood up and put his arm around me, then we walked away from them.

"I heard that you turned Greyson down last night." He said.

"Oh my gosh! What happened to him!? Is he fine!?" I asked.

"He locked himself in the bathroom. While you were asleep, he was throwing things inside there."

I went to the door and knocked on the door.

"Greyson?"

"Leave me alone!" Greyson shouted.

"Its me, Cameron." I said.

"Do you think it would make a difference if you said your name?" Nathalie asked.

The door was opened and Greyson pulled me in.

The mirror was broken, and had blood dripping from it. There were a lot of glass shards scattered around. Greyson sat on the corner of the bathroom looking at me. All bloody from his tantrum.

"Are you happy now?" He asked.

He looked like a mess. His perfectly styled hair stood up like it was ransacked by lions. His face wet from sweat. Hands, bloody from all of the glass shards. I didn't know him anymore, he wasn't the Greywon I met by my window anymore. He was someone more violent.

"Grey, what happened to you?" I asked. "Why are you doing this?"

"Because I thought you would be happier of you saw me like this. Cameron!! I want you to be happy from all of this! This is what you wanted right!?" He replied, viciously.

I kneeled beside him and held his hands.

"Grey, why would I be happy to see you like this. I was the one who turned you down. I should be the miserable one. I missed on so many things because I turned you down." I said trying to calm him.

"Then why did you say no?" He asked.

"Because..."

"Because?"

"Because I only treat you as a friend. I don't need a boyfriend right now. I'm happy this way. If I said yes last night, I wouldn't be happy about it." I said.

He laughed, but not the happy laugh. His laugh meant something more. "I cannot believe I fell in love with you. Obviously, you're a better person than I."

"That's a lie." I said.

"So is everything you said to me." He looked at me. Finally calming down a bit.

"Everything I say is true. I do love you, but as a friend, and a brother."

"Why can't you learn to love me?..." He held my cheeks, "Like the way I love you."

"There are better girls out there. Better than what I could ever be. They deserve you more than I. They can love you more than I can. Grey, there are so much things you're missing on, so much opportunities you're missing on." I said.

"But you're the one that I love. I love you Cameron. No one can be like you, or can be better than you." He said.

"No, Greyson."

"I know you love me Cameron, like the way I do to you. You won't just admit it." He said.

"Grey--"

Then he cut me off, "Cameron. I don't want to hear it. Can I, just for once, believe that you love me more than I love you. That you love me more than just a friend."

I sighed and stood up. I took the shower hose, turned it on and washed all the blood from Greyson's hands.

"Greyson, I have a reason why I don't want a relationship. I hope you understand that. Grey, I have never experienced anything in my life, anything I can be really proud of. Grey, having a relationship is an honest commitment. I don't want it to be a lie." I said.

He looked at my face and wiped his blood off. "I stained your cheeks."

"Its fine." I replied. "I'm sorry for everything, I have hurt you too many times already. Its unforgivable already. I just can't understand why I'm like this. I have no direction in life, I usually take things for granted. I never was the girl you always thought I was."

I took the glass shards off his hands and he winced in pain.

"Cameron, its your imperfections that I loved about you. The way you see life is what I love about you. Cameron, you don't need to apologize for anything. I love you the way you are, everything about you makes me crazy. I know I've been hurt, several times. But at least learnt something from them. Cameron, you changed me so much and I can't thank you enough for it." He said.

"Greyson..." I let go of his hand.

"Just shut up and listen to me." He said. "I'm not mad at you, I'm not mad at anyone. About last night, I was just upset. You're the first girl that turned me down. I can't get a hold on my feelings last night. I wasn't thinking about what I was saying awhile ago. I'm sorry. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I. Am. Really. Sorry. Okay?"

"I'm--"

"Cameron don't apologize. Do you forgive me or not?" He asked.

"Its fine. I forgive you." I smiled.

"Friends?" He held out his arms for a hug.

"Friends." Then I hugged him.

We broke the embrace and stood up. We went out of the bathroom smiling and everyone was looking at us.

"Greyson? Are you okay now? Did you talk this over? Is everything back to normal?" Nathalie asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

Then Nathalie looked at me, "Be thankful that Greyson's nice. Hurt Greyson again and I'm gonna break your bones. Seriously. I don't care if you're a jiujitsu teacher all I know I'm willing to risk my life for him."

"Its fine if you hurt me. I'm giving you he permission to break my bones and kill me. All my fault, I'm sorry." I said.

"You better be." Then she hugged me.

"What happened to your hands?" Robert asked.

"Nothing." He replied with a smile.

As a reply, I smiled back.