Chapter 37

I went up to his room and opened the door slowly and poked my head in. Greyson laid on his bed, his face was sore and purple with all the bruises, he had cuts all over his face and he had a black eye on the right. It pained me seeing him like this, again it was my fault.

"Cameron, come in."

I went in and closed the door behind me. I sat beside him on the bed and tears streamed down my face. I held his hand and he brought it up to my face to wipe my tears.

"Don't cry, please." He said.

"I'm sorry."

They were the only words I managed to say. I opened my mouth to say more but I choked on them and just kept on crying.

"Cameron please, these are just bruises they'll be gone before you know it." He said. "And don't worry, my family doesn't blame you. Promise."

"They should."

Greyson shushed me, "No don't say that. You did nothing wrong, we did nothing wrong. If there's someone to blame, it should be those who did this to me." He smiled reassuringly. "Stop okay?"

I bit my lip to keep me from crying and smiled.

"Enchancers will kill me for this." I said.

"No they won't, they'll understand you and maybe even do that thing they always do, um what is that called again?"

"Fangirl."

"Yeah that, because of how good I look with these bruises."

I giggled. "I beg to differ."

He sat up and held my face. "I really wish things would stay this way. I really love it when you're happy."

"Yeah minus you being bruised."

"Yeah and that." He laughed.

"I'm sorry you didn't have the chance to enjoy the party." I said.

"I'm not really a party guy." He said. "Besides, I'm having so much fun talking to you right now."

I just smiled hoping Greyson won't see my cheeks blush.

"Tomato." He laughed.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

I heard the door creak, I turned around and Nathalie and Jacob went in.

"Hi." Greyson greeted.

"How are you doing?" Jacob asked.

"A little better." Greyson replied.

"That's great, its just a matter of weeks before you're back to your old self again." Nathalie said smiling.

"By then we can find those who did this to you and kick their butt." Jacob said.

Greyson laughed. "Yeah we will."

"We gotta go, Jelly's panicking right now. She's been texting us non-stop." Jacob said.

"Oh yeah, sure go. Tell them I'm sorry that I can't perform for them." Greyson said.

"I'm sure they'll understand."

They both said their goodbyes then left. It was just Greyson and I again.

"Those who did this to you, did you see their faces?" I asked.

"I did, and I knew some of them." He replied.

"How many were they?"

"About six or seven."

"Oh gosh." I said covering my mouth.