Chapter 6

It was a Monday morning. My dad finally came home but still unaware of the drama that happened the past weekend.

When the bus came I quickly went inside it. I took the farthest seat from the front and put my headphones on. I close my eyes and drift off.

After a few minutes I feel someone playing with my hair. I open my eyes and see Greyson. I close my eyes again and move farther away from him.

As soon as we got to school I went out of the bus as fast as I can. I walk to my locker and put my things. As usual Greyson was bugging me again.

I didn't really want to be seen with him again after what happened the other night. Trust me, I didn't want to have to do this. He's just done so much for me and I can't ever repay him for that. But I think this better for us.

"Cameron. Come on. I'll kneel right in front of you If you want. All I want is for you to talk to me. Cameron, please." He begged.

I just ignored him and continued putting things in my locker. Then carefully he kneeled beside me and looked up to me. Just as I saw that I looked around. People were staring at me and one of those was, Janine. 

I stopped for a moment and looked at Greyson. He held my hands and smiled.

"Cameron. Isn't this what you want? What's the problem? Did I do anything wrong or something? Come on, open up." He said while he stared into my eyes.

My knees were shaking and tears were streaming down my face. Everything that happened to me from the moment I stepped into this town came back to me in an instant. I was already in the midst of making the hardest desicion between losing the person I owe my happiness to or losing my freedom to live at least a normal life.

I snatched my hand from him. I saw hurt in his eyes again, but this time not like the one I saw the other day. It was worse. Its like I've broken his heart way too much. I didn't mean to, I just chose what's better for us. People are gonna hate me now. Turning down one of the biggest celebrity in Edmond? It was a sin to everybody.

I took a deep breath and bit my lower lip. I looked at Janine who was now smiling evilly with one raised eyebrow. I looked back at Greyson and tears streamed down my face faster.

"Would you just leave me alone! I don't even wanna see you right now! You don't even understand what I'm going through right now! Greyson, please. Just..."

I closed my locker door slung my bag over my shoulder and ran outside. I went to the side of the entrance door and peeped through the window.

Everyone was still frozen in their places still taking in on what just happened. Greyson was still kneeling there looking down on the floor. He looked up to the entrance door and saw me.

"I'm so sorry..." I mouthed to him.

I walked away and cried the whole way home. I didn't even mind if I was about to miss class again. There was just so many things going through my head. My thoughts were full of what ifs. What if I chose Greyson over Desiree and Janine? What if I didn't do that? The things that happened for the past few days. I didn't deserve them. Grey didn't deserve me either. He'll be so much better with other girls and not me. I am nothing compared to anyone. Even to Janine.

When I reached my home, I went to my room using the ladder thing. I went inside my room, closed the curtains and locked my door. I lay on my bed and bury head in my pillow.

~•~

I was dragged by my dad to school the next morning. I walked inside the doors and all the people started whispering. I walked to my locker and opened it suddenly powder poured into my face. I wiped the powder off my face and looked around. They all were all whispering and laughing. I get my things from my locker and go to the bathroom. I wash my face then suddenly someone laughed.

"So... You like my little surprise?" A voice said.

I wipe the water off my face and look into the mirror. There was someone standing behind me, Janine.

"You did this?" I asked angrily.

"Oh don't be silly. You already know this was coming. After what you did to Greyson you still think everyone is still gonna like you? Think again." She replied.

I walked away and went to my class. Greyson was already there when I came in. Talking to Allison and Philip. I took a deep breath and walked towards my seat . As soon as I sat Greyson, Jacob and Nathalie stopped talking. They nodded at each other then Greyson turned to me.

"You know that I'm not giving up on you." Greyson said.

I didn't reply.

"I saw what you did by the door. And I forgive you." He said.

I still didn't reply.

"I think I know why you're doing this." He said.

Then my heart suddenly throbbed in my chest.

"You're scared of Janine. Aren't you?" Then he paused for awhile waiting for my answer.

My heart slowed down a bit but still I didn't reply.

"You do know that I'm not mad at you. I promise." He said as he raised his hand.

I ignored him and went on with my class. Lunch time came and I chose to be alone. I bought my food and went to my table but while I was walking a guy sitting next to Janine stood up and threw his cake slice to me.

"Boo!!!!!!!!" Janine's group said while throwing their food at me.

Then suddenly everyone in the cafeteria except for Greyson's group stood up and threw food at me. Someone even took my tray and pour my food on me. Greyson suddenly stood up and ran to me he embraced me and blocked me from the food. Everyone stopped throwing their food and we went out of the cafeteria.

"Are you fine?" Greyson asked.

I pushed him away from me and walked away. He ran after me and gripped my shoulders. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"What's your problem? Could you just at least tell me why you aren't talking to me? After saving you from awhile ago this is what I get?" He asked.

I looked at him and took his tight grip off of me.

"You know what's the problem? The problem is that you're just too naive. Can't you see that the more we get closer the more I get in trouble!? And by the way, I didn't even ask you to save me." Then I walked away.

He ran to me and gripped my shoulders again.

"I'm still not giving up." I shook him off and went home.