Chapter 4

I was woken up by my phone ringing, I took it from my bedside table and Greyson's face appeared on the screen. I almost forgot we exchanged numbers.

"Good morning, beautiful." Greyson said.

"Stop calling me that." I said groggily.

"Did I wake you up?" Greyson asked.

"Obviously, yes." I replied.

"Oh well I'm sorry. I just wanted to check on you." Greyson said.

"I'm fine don't worry." I said.

"Go back to sleep now. Love you... I mean... Just go back to sleep." He said.

I chuckled then said, "I heard that. Love you too." Then I hung up.

I got back to sleep and after a few hours I felt someone jumping on my bed. I opened my eyes and saw Janine.

"Finally you're awake. Come on, you've got some work to do." She dragged me off my bed, out of my room, down the stairs and into the living room.

"Finally you're up. Come here." Desiree said.

"Where's dad?" I asked while following her.

"He's gone for the weekend." She replied.

That explains it.

She opened the door leading to the basement.

"What does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Well, you are going to clean the basement and you're not getting out until I say so." She said.

"Here." Janine said throwing me a bucket full of cleaning things.

I looked down the bucket and see a brush, feather duster, gloves, sponge and soap.

"This is not enough." I said.

"Well, I guess you'll just have to live with it." Desiree said before pushing me into the door.

I fell down the stairs and landed to the ground. Suddenly I felt something sharp in my hands. I stood up carefully and turned on the light. I saw broken glass in my now bleeding hands. I looked around and found a faucet. I washed my hands and I carefully took the broken glass pieces of my hands. After that I started cleaning the tables. Then I moved on to the shelves. After a couple of hours of cleaning I rested for a bit and went back to work.

I dusted all the things in there then started cleaning the walls. After a couple of hours the door opened.

"Doofus! Here's your lunch." Then she threw me a ziplock full of grub.

"What the hell is this?" I asked.

"Lunch." She replied.

"This is not food." I said.

"Either way you're still gonna eat it." She replied.

"I'm not that desperate." I snapped back.

"Well, that's your problem." She said before closing and locking the door.

I threw the Ziplock into the trash bin and got back to working. After cleaning the floor I started cleaning the walls.

After five hours, I finished cleaning the whole basement. I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

"I'm done!" I shouted.

"Good!" Desiree shouted back.

"Won't you open the door? You said I can leave after cleaning the basement." I said.