Chapter 7

A few days after, my best friends, Kathy and Alissa, back from Chicago, went to our house. They would've stayed with us but they were already checked in.

Kathy and Alissa are sisters. They're the only ones who knew about what's really going on with my life - from the cheating to the torture. We've been friends since kindergarten, and we've made history together.

As soon as I saw them we ran to my secret place - also known as - the side of my house and talked there since they wanted updates from me.

"Oh my gosh Cameron! You know we should go out while we're still here!!" She looked at her shoulder and saw a caterpillar. She took it into her hands and petted it. "Can I keep it? It's just so cute! We should name it Hulk! Yeah, Like the one in the movie. Hulk." We looked at Kathy with the you're-so-weird look and rolled our eyes.

Oh Kathy, so bubbly. But honestly, I don't know what's going on with Kathy's mind. She's just so . . . strange.

"Anyway, we want some updates. Do you already have a boyfriend?" Alissa smirked.

Alissa, the girl who puts everyone on the hot seat.

"Well, I don't have a boyfriend because I don't want to. I'm just too occupied right now to think of that kind of things." I replied.

They looked at each other and sighed.

"How about you guys?" I asked.

"I have a boyfriend but . . . I prefer to keep it a secret." Kathy said.

"I have one too, his name is Taylor." Alissa said.

"Well good for you." I said smiling.

Alissa placed her hand on my knee and sighed.

"Cameron, I know you. You might seem happy on the outside but all you do is fake whatever that is you show us. What happened?" Alissa said worriedly.

My tears started to wet my cheeks then Kathy and Alissa sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"Shhh.." Kathy said.

"Let it all out." Alissa said.

"Come on spill. What did they do to you again? They hurt you again huh?" Kathy asked.

I nodded as a reply.

I told them about the basement lockdown to the food fight riot that happened awhile ago. No details left out. Then suddenly something unexpected, even by me, came out of my mouth.

"All my life I was unwanted. I was an accident, my parents didn't even want me. Their love was a fake. Every time I try to get closer to them they'll just push me away. They wouldn't even let me meet my own relatives and they kept on hiding me from people. But when Collin was born everything became happier. I wasn't sure if it was genuine love they show us or just an act. But then dad became a jerk. Since then everything came downhill. Collin died, mom got depressed then she moved out. Next thing you know, she wanted a divorce.

Everyday I cried and cried, day and night. Not only because the loss of my brother but also because my life was a wreck. I always imagined how my parents' life would be so great if I didn't live, if I was the one who died. I always attempted on killing myself but I was just too scared of pain. Believe me, I was ready to die anytime but I was just too scared to do it myself.

Then I moved here and met Greyson. It was with him when I felt loved and protected, the two things I longed for all my life. I never doubted his feelings for me. I owed him my happiness. I didn't want to hurt him so I decided to not talk to him. I've shouted at him for the past few days, humiliate him and even hurt him."

Then my tears started streaming down my face again. Alissa and Kathy hugged me and when I looked up I saw Greyson hiding in their porch. As soon as he saw me looking at him he scurried away.

"Crap." I said.

They broke our embrace and and looked at me with worry.

"What happened?" Kathy asked.

I pointed at Greyson's porch.

"Fudge!" They chorused.

"He heard us?" Alissa asked.

"Seems like it." I replied.

Kathy and Alissa ran to Greyson's porch and pulled Greyson to our place. They all sat down and looked at me.

"I'm really sorry. I just got home and saw you crying. I just couldn't help but listen. Why didn't you tell me this?" He said.

"I can't let you make me your charity case. I don't wanna be known as the girl who's abused. I wanna be me! I just couldn't trust you yet. Grey, we've been friends for just a month. I don't think I can trust you yet. I've never trusted anyone besides them. Besides, you shouldn't have overheard our conversation." I replied, then suddenly I began to tear again.

He hugs me tight and for a moment I was thinking of pushing him away from me but I choose to hug him back. I bury my head into his neck and cry. I refuse to break the embrace, at least for awhile. I missed this. Being so close to Greyson without worrying a thing. We hugged for what felt like forever. Finally we broke our embrace. I wanted to get back in his arms and stay there but there are just so many things to explain to Greyson now that he knows the real me.

"Hey guys we have to go. I think you might need some alone time." Alissa smiles and pulls Kathy with her then they run away.

"So . . ." I said as I played with the grass.

"Cameron, I won't ever do that to you. I'm really sorry. I should've listened to you. You're right I'm naive." He said while he places my hair behind my ear.

I leaned on the wall and sighed.

"Grey, I'm supposed to be the one to apologize. I should have told you." I said.

He moved next to me and sighed.

"Sorry for sneaking at you." He said.

"Sorry for humiliating you." I replied.

We went on and on. Saying sorry to everything we've done wrong.

"So we're back to normal?" He asked.

I looked at him and smiled.

"We're back to normal."