Chapter 30

Greyson followed me as I walked down to the room. My head pounded together with my ears and my vision blurred just as I was entering the room. I held on to the door and began to feel my legs become jelly.

"Cameron!" Greyson called. I heard his footsteps grew faster and his hand suddenly gripped my hips. I fell into his arms and he braced me.

"I-I can handle th-this."

"No you can't. Come on let's just get you to bed." He whispered.

"No!" I said sternly, pushing him away. "Just-" Then my body just gave up on me and I fell back into his arms slowly drifting out of consciousness.

"Nurse! Someone call the nurse! Please!" Greyson shouted. "Just hang on Cameron. Oh God what am I going to do."

~•~

I awoke to the beeping of machines and faces surrounding me. Dad sat beside me just watching me while Greyson stood across the room.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" My mom asked while she helped me sit up. She always looked as beautiful as ever, her raven dark hair flowed down her shoulders, her grey eyes shone under the light and she looked flawless. But I was furious at her nonetheless.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still angry.

"I've come to check on you. I was really worried when I heard about what happened to you. Your dad should've checked you in a better hospital instead of this hell of a pla-"

"This place you're calling hell took care of me better than you ever did and at least dad took care of me not like you." I snapped back.

"Cameron!"She scolded.

"What!? Its true! Ever since I was born you did nothing but leave me and treat me like it was my fault that you're a mess."

"Could you please?" She said to both dad and Greyson. They both nodded and left the room.

Her face softened right when I said those words. I bit my lip to stop me from shouting at her. I've always waited for this moment. When I finally see her wounded pride right before me. I was so angry at her that I couldn't even stop myself from saying these.

"I don't need you, I don't even know why you're here. If you didn't want to see me before I don't see why you would want to see me now. This is just a waste of your time."

"Cameron please stop it." She said quietly.

"Just leave mom, go back to Chicago and be with your little friends and go party with them. You don't need to visit me. I could feel that you just came here by obligation."

"That's not true honey, don't say that.I will always want to be with you more than anything else." Mom said holding my hand.

"Liar." I muttered.

"Cameron, I came all the way here to be with you. So that I could take care of you until you're alright again."

"Well you don't need to. I could take care of myself and dad can take care of me. We don't need you."

"Cameron please," She took my hand. "Give me a chance to be a mother to you."

"What do you even know about being a mother?"

"Look, I'm sorry about-"

"Mom, you freaking slapped me when I kneeled in front of you to apologize!" Tears streamed down my face. "You screamed at me saying you hate me then you left us. You just left us and never returned. I didn't even see you before we flew here." I wiped my tears and looked at my hands. "Mothers don't do that. They stay with their family and don't tell them they hate them. They don't tell their family to leave the house and starve because no mother wouls want that."

"Cameron I-"

"Mom just leave." I mumbled. She touched my shoulder and I couldn't help but scream at her. "Leave!" I threw my pillow at her and tears just came down my eyes faster. "Don't even think about coming back anymore!" She stood up and tears streamed down her horrified face.

"Cameron stop it!" Dad bursted into the room and rushed to me and held on to my shoulders. "Dad let go of me!!"

Greyson came in the room then dad told him urgently, "Get the nurses."

"What? No dad what's happening?"

Suddenly one by one nurses filed in the room and a nurse took my arm and injected me something.

"Its something that'll make you calm honey. You can't stress yourself, not right now."

I felt drowsy as the drug kicked in. I looked over the door and Greyson threw his head back hitting it on the door. He was looking at me his nose flaring. I finally went limp and closed my eyes.