Chapter 36

It was already the night of the party. We only had ten minutes before we had to go there so Greyson was really rushing me.

"Hey Grey, I can't come with you right now." I said, talking to Greyson through the phone.

"Why?"

"I'm still dressing up, you can go ahead. I'll catch up with you later."

"Oh okay, but hurry up I have something to show you." Greyson said excitedly.

"Okay." I chuckled then hung up.

After I finished dressing up, I went down ths stairs and Janine stood on the end of the staircase looking at me, furious.

"Let me guess, your prince charming bought that dress for you. He took pity on your poor self and made you his little charity case." Janine said.

I reached the last step and looked at her. "Why do you keep on doing this to me?" I asked. "I never did anything to you and even if I did it was only because I protected myself from you."

"Oh gosh Cameron, I don't really know." She mocked. "Maybe because ever since you came here all I ever known and wanted seemed to be taken away from me because of you."

"Well, I'm sorry the world didn't grant your every wish. Wake up Janine, the world is not a genie. It doesn't work like that." I made my way to the door but Janine pulled my hair which sent me to the ground.

"Oh if that's the case, it seems like the world is not allowing you to see Greyson tonight. Did you really think I'd let you go to that party?" She walked slowly towards me. "I'm so sick of you trying to get everything from me. If I can't have Greyson, nobody can."

She took me by the arm and led me down to the basement. She pushed me inside and locked the door.

"Janine!!" I banged on the door.

"Oh and don't worry about Greyson. I already took care of him. That'll teach the both of you a lesson."

"What did you do to him!? Janine!! Don't you dare hurt him Janine! Don't you dare!"

I looked around and quickly ran to the little window that helped me escape a lot of times. I jumped on the table and pushed myself out of the window. I took my phone out and called Greyson while I hailed for a taxi stopped and I quickly got in. I instructed him to go to Jelly and Nathalie's house, where the party was.

Greyson's phone just kept on ringing, I grew worried every second. When I reached the house, I went straight to Jacob and asked for Greyson.

"I haven't seen him for awhile. Ask the girls maybe he's been with them." Jacob replied.

I asked Jelly and Nathalie for Greyson but they both haven't seen him too. I called them three and told them all about what Janine was planning.

"We need to find Greyson." I said.

"Oh man shoot, he isn't answering his phone." Jacob said calling Greyson's phone.

"Where did you last see him?" Jelly asked Jacob since he was the last one to be with Greyson.

"I-I forgot. I-um I think it was by the food tables. Yeah, and someone called him over because they said that something was wrong with the sound system or something." Jacob replied.

We looked for Greyson everywhere and even outside. Jelly stayed behind so that she can handle the party while we look for Greyson.

"Get in the car, I'll drive." Jacob said as he started the engines.

I went in and sat in the backseat. I called and called Greyson's cellphone over and over again but he wouldn't answer.

When we were driving near our school, Jacob instantly saw him.

"Guys!" Jacob called, slightly frantic.

Nathalie and I looked immediately to where he was looking. He stopped the car and we got out the car. Greyson was lying on the bleachers barely moving. I ran to him and cupped his face.

"Greyson wake up, I'm here. I'm going to take you home okay?"

His whole body was covered with bruises and cuts, his eye barely open from all the beating it got. Tears fell down my face as I looked at him. Jacob put his hand on my shoulder and said, "Cameron I know this is hard for you but we need to get Greyson out of here now. We need to get him home right now okay?"

I nodded and Jacob quickly put Greyson's arm on his shoulder while I put the other one on mine.

We walked to the car and slowly laid him with his head resting on my lap. Jacob drove back to Greyson's house while I called the first person I saw in his contacts.

"What's up baby bro?" Alexa greeted.

"Hi Alexa, its Cameron."

"Oh hey there. Why do you have Grey's phone?"

"Greyson got beaten up by my sister's friends. Jacob's driving us home right now." I bit my lip to keep my voice from quivering.

"What!? Why?"

"I'll explain to you when we arrive. I'm really sorry, I really am. Are you home?"

"Uh yeah I'll wait for you."

Then I hung up.

I carressed Greyson's bruised face as he slowly breathed. His eyes opened a little and looked around.

"Where are we?" He whispered.

"We're going to get you home okay?" I said kissing his forehead.

"Greyson! You're awake!" Nathalie said looking at him.

He smiled and directed his attention back to me. "Did they hurt you?"

"No Greyson they didn't." I assured.

"Did Janine hurt you?"

I pursed my lips and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Don't talk too much. You need to rest." I said.

"She did." He said.

I just looked at him, tears streaming down my face. He slowly brought his hand to my face and wiped my tears.

"Don't cry." He said.

I just nodded and looked out the window. The car was already parked and Jacob opened the door while Nathalie knocked on their door.

"Greyson, can you manage to sit up or do we have to help you?" Jacob asked.

"I think I can."

He pulled himself up while I supported his back. He slowly sat up groaning in pain.

"That's a good boy. Now you have to put your arm around on my shoulder and the other one on Cameron's." Jacob said.

Greyson did what he was told and slowly we got out of the car. Mrs. Chance and Alexa ushered us in and we went up the stairs and laid Greyson on the bed.

Nathalie, Jacob and I waited in the living room while they tended to Greyson. Mrs. Chance went down the stairs and called me to their kitchen.

"Cameron, I know that you are such a nice girl and you've helped Greyson so much." She held my chin so I can look at her. "Honey, Greyson told me everything. I've known Janine for a long, long time already and I know what she's capable of doing. Cameron, its not your fault, don't blame yourself."

I nodded and smiled.

"Now wipe your tears and get up there. He's waiting for you." She said smiling.

"Thank you." I said before going up the stairs.

Was supposed to do a double update, but I wasn't able to finish the second one because my family and I are in a vacation so.... I'll just leave you guys with this chapter and try to publish the next chapter as soon as I can (: