Chapter 28

We had dinner at Greyson's house late that night. It was a formal dinner everyone pretty much had a great time, they had a lot of food, everyone was in their best suit and dress and Greyson's family were so nice to us no wonder Greyson was nice too.

"So are you two together?" Tanner asked, who sat across from me.

"Who?"

"You and Greyson."

"No."

"Well he said you two were getting there." He said.

"I don't think so."

"Why?"

"I don't know its just that we can't be together. Its hard."

"Whatever the both of you are going through I hope you still have the heart to give Shithead a chance."

"Shithead?"

"Greyson."

"Oh."

"I know he gets a little impulsive and does things unexpectedly then you end up hating him but at the end of the day you can never get mad at him considering that he's the most annoying person when he becomes persistent in making you forgive him."

Then I giggled.

"You're beautiful when you smile. Don't you ever take that smile off your face."

After eating, everyone headed to the living room while I went to their front porch and sat on the little stairway they had.

"You look stunning in your dress."

I looked back and saw Greyson leaning on the doorframe smiling at me.

"Thanks you too." I said blankly.

He sat beside me and I scooted farther away from him.

"Why do you keep on doing this to me? What did I do to you?"

I just stared at the grass.

"Cameron answer me."

"Cameron."

"Cameron." He repeated.

I stood up and went inside then Greyson held my arm, his grip, tight.

"I ask you a question and you don't answer me. I call you and you stand up and leave me here. I've been calling your phone and you turn off your phone."

"Greyson take your hand off me." I said pushing his hand.

He takes it off and breathes deeply, "Why do you make it so hard for me to be with you. One day you're all smiling and laughing with me and the next day all you do is push me away."

Tears were forming and I blinked them away, leaving it to fall down my cheeks.

"Oh my gosh Greyson. Did you ever think about how hard this is for me? Have it ever crossed your mind that I hated, no I hate and have always hated myself for doing this to you?"

"Cameron." His voice was calm and he opened his arms to hug me.

I wiped my tears away and he tried wrapping his arms around me but I pushed him away.

"I'm going home." I went down the steps and walked to my house.

"Cameron!" He called out.

I ran to out front door and went inside and straight up to my room.

Morning came and I was still in my dress lying on my bed. I opened the curtains and saw a sticky note on my window. I opened the window and took the note from outside.