Chapter 15

After I checked Greyson out of the hospital, we went back to the hotel and he slept half of the day. We went out to walk around for a little then went back to check on Greyson. When we reached his room he was still sleeping, sweating. I walked to him and placed the back of my hand on his forehead.

"Are you fine?" I asked.

"Yeah, just a little headache." He replied.

"Come on take a bath. Maybe that will cool your body down." I said.

He stood up and slowly walked to the bathroom. After almost an hour he went out and smiled weakly at me.

"I'm better!" He said.

He walked slowly towards me and sat beside me on the bed.

"You're not better." I said.

"Yes I am." He said in a hoarse voice.

Then I slightly growled and buried my face in my palms, which surprised Greyson.

"This is my fault." I said.

He patted my back and hugged me. "No, its fine. See I'm better?"

He lifted my face and smiled. I looked at him and he didn't look like himself anymore. He was pale, his red cheeks and pinkish lips went white. His lively eyes were droopy and his smile, weak.

"You know? You should rest. I'll just walk around for a bit. I'll be back later." I stood up and walked out of the room.

It really hurt me to see him like that, especially when I know that I was the one who caused it. He reminded me of my brother, the day he died.

Flashback

"Collin? Collin? Collin!! Wake up!!" I shouted.

He was covered in blood. I took his head and my hands went red. His eyes were closed, I still had the hopes of it opening but I already knew it wasn't happening anymore.

"Collin! Wake up. I'm here. Come on." I looked back and shouted, "Dad!!! Dad!!!! Dad!!!!"

I looked back at Collin and he was like a ghost. Pale, cold, lifeless. Again, its my fault.

"Come on you can do this. You're strong right? You're superman. Y-you're the s-strongest b-boy in the w-world." My voice was trembling. Tears were streaming down my face.

"Oh my God. Collin!" My dad ran beside me and felt his neck, for his pulse.

"He's gone." My dad said.

He's gone, the words that deafened me. The words that killed me, my soul. The words that made a hole in my heart and a dark, dark memory in my head.

"D-dad t-tell me y-your l-lying." I said.

"Its your fault Cameron. Its your fault. You let him die, it should've been you." My dad said with rage.

I looked at him and smiled, "Yeah you're right dad. It should've been me. It should've been me laying down here right where Collin is, dying. Anyway, you wouldn't care. You're better off without me anyway, you loved Collin more than me. Well, who doesn't? Dad," then I breathed deeply. "I never let Collin die, if it was possible I would've taken his place and I would die a happy girl. But what could I have done? What's done is done. Right now I would've killed myself, I just feel like I'm the one who ran over him. YOU. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. IT. FEELS. LIKE. TO. HAVE. YOUR. BROTHER. DIE. IN. YOUR. ARMS!" Then I breathed deeply again and calmed down. "You just don't..."

End of Flashback

I ended up on sitting in a café drinking coffee. I don't actually like the taste of coffee but it calms me down. I looked outside the window and saw Jelly and Avery sitting on a bench looking at me. Not talking, not murmuring, not anything. They were just staring at me.

I looked at the table and drops of water were visible. I must have been crying the whole time. That day, I just became so miserable. No one even knows how much pain I'm going through each day. No one will...

I went out of the café and walked to Jelly and Avery.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I've never seen you cry like that before." Avery said.

"Is Greyson fine?" I asked.

"We were supposed to call you because Greyson won't listen to us. He's sitting on the corner of the room all curled up. He won't talk to us or even look at us. He's just looking at the door. We thought that he's waiting for you." Jelly explained.

"What!?" I pulled them to Avery's car and jumped in.

"I told him to rest. He might get sick." I said worriedly.

"Calm down. He'll be fine, he isn't moving that much anyway." Jelly assured.

When we reached the hotel, I ran to our room and opened the door. I looked at the corner and saw everyone beside him comforting him. He looked at me and with a straight face.

I ran to him, kneeled in front of him and hugged him. "I'm so sorry I left. I just needed to think about certain things."

He just looked into my eyes not opening his mouth, nor even giving any face expression, just blank.

"Greyson? Are you mad? Or something." I asked.

Nothing.

"Come on. Uhh... I'm here! Come on, let's uhh... Get out of this place and go ride a Gondola! Sounds like a plan!" I said trying to get him to his feet.

"You really hurt me Cameron. How could you leave me just like that?" He finally said. "I tried my best to look fine to you. To look well, you could've at least stayed with me. Everything hurts Cameron, but I try my best to look like everything's fine."

"Guys, could you?" I looked at the others. They nodded as a reply then left.

"Greyson, I'm sorry. I just didn't know." I said.

He threw his head back and looked at the ceiling. "You could've been at least be sensitive."

"Greyson, remember when you heard me crying beside my house? When my two friends were there in front of me. Comforting me?" I looked at his eyes and it was still looking at the ceiling. "Well I said something about my brother dying. And awhile ago, while I was looking at you, the way your face was so pale, it reminded me of my brother. Right when he got ran over by a car."

Then Greyson looked at me.

"You know what hurts me most? That its my fault why you looked like him. And it was my fault why my brother looked like a ghost." I said.

"I'm sorry." Greyson said.

"You shouldn't be. I should've been with you every minute." I said.

"No, I'm sorry. I was a jerk, I-I blamed you of being insensitive when it was really me who was insensitive." He said.

I hugged him and he lay his head on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry. I just can't imagine how much it hurts to have your brother die. Cameron, I'm just so sorry."

"Its fine."

We spent rest of the day in bed looking at the ceiling, talking about random things. Greyson didn't want to ask me about my brother nor my family anymore. No one went inside our room. It was just us and... the ceiling. Greyson had to cancel all his plans for today and promised to catch up to whatever he missed on tomorrow. After awhile we stopped talking, we just looked at the ceiling and Greyson crept his hand into mine. I looked at him and smiled. We just stared at the ceiling for hours, not talking, just looking at the ceiling and holding hands. That was the longest time we've been together without talking.