Chapter 20

We headed to the airport the next morning. The whole car ride was awkward for Greyson and I. We would often catch each other staring or glancing. Typical Nathalie of course made a big deal out of it, which irritated me more.

Jelly moved beside me and tapped my shoulder. I looked at her and she smiled.

"What's going on? I can see you and Greyson you know? Staring at each other, glancing for a second. Cameron, he really likes you. I know Greyson, he'll do anything for the one he loves. Right now he's giving you space to think. He would love to talk to you right now but he wants to give you space so you know, maybe it'll be easier for you to forgive him."

"Jelly, I'm not really in the mood for forgiving. I don't know whether I like him or what. I don't know, one minute I like him the other I don't. Its a vicious cycle of making me confused." I said. "Everything I say doesn't make sense anymore. I don't even know what I'm saying anymore."

"Its fine. I've gone through that--"

Then I cut her off, "Please don't start the I-had-it-worse speech. Can we just not talk about this?"

"Well okay."

"I admit it. I'm a drama queen. I overexaggerate things I feel. I make a big deal out of what I feel. Especially when it comes to love."

Then Jelly hugs me. "You'll figure it out."

We arrive at the airport minutes later. We boarded again on the plane and I was between Greyson on Robert since the plane was really big this time.

"So... um... want a pretzel?" Greyson asked me while holding his pretzel in front of me.

I shook my head as a no without looking at Greyson nor at the pretzel.

"I want one." Robert said.

He took a part and they ate. For the rest of the ride the both of them talked while I watched some crappy movie about a girl getting pregnant because she's obviously stupid like that.

I got a little dizzy after sometime so I laid my head on someone's shoulder. I can't tell who he is because my vision kept on blurring.

~•~

I didn't realize I already fallen asleep 'til I woke up, obviously. I looked up to see who I have fallen asleep on and saw Greyson. I was about to lift my head up when I realized his fast asleep too. His head rested on mine, I didn't want to wake him up so I just stayed there even if I'll be getting a stiff neck. I continued watching the movie though its almost done. I looked at Greyson's hands and took them. I played with it for awhile then I intertwined my hand with his.

"You look nice together." Robert said.

I looked at him and he was looking at our hands.

I immediately let go of Greyson's hands and I lifted my head. I looked at Greyson and his eyebrows scrunched together, he moved a little then went back to sleep.

"I'm not that jealous of the both of you anymore. I still like you Cameron, and I'll be the happiest man on the earth if I ever was with you. Like together together. But I can see that you're happier with Greyson than with me--"

I cut him off, "No, no its not that I like Greyson more than you. I'm over you, I don't want to get hurt anymore. I don't want to get my hopes up for you anymore. I'm done with liking someone who could never like you back. I'm sorry."

"Guess my mom was right about boys: We never learn appreciate what we have 'til its gone."

'We never appreciate what we have 'til its gone.' I guess I act like a boy sometimes, wanting to not get hurt made me act like a jerk. I've been through it once, with Robert. I got my hopes too high and got hurt. I've seen my parents go through it and they ended up having divorce.

I admit it, I like being with Greyson, its like whenever I'm with him there's a hole in me that he fills. Its like he completes me. But then every fairytale of mine has to have someone who will ruin it. My fairytale has been ruined by Janine, my dilemma, my attitude, his fans, and especially the kiss. Often kisses are meant to be a start of something great. But for me? Its the start of something bad, something that can ruin our relationship.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, I looked at Robert and he looked worried.

"Was there something I said?" Robert asked.

"No, um.. you didn't do anything. I was just thinking. About what you said. About boys not appreciating what they have 'til its gone." I replied.

"What about it?"

"Nothing."

I looked back at Greyson again and he was still sleeping. I turned to Robert.

"Tell me why the hell was I mad at Greyson for kissing me." I said.

Robert chuckled and said, "I heard you kissed him back."

I just looked at him for him to realized that what he just said should be regretted.

"Well... um... its a girl thing don't ask me." He said.

I went on and on talking about what I feel and what was going on with my life. He just listened to me and didn't interrupt once. He just listened to me and nodded to everything I said its not like he wasn't paying attention, he would only say something after I finish talking. Right there I remembered that this why I fell for him before. I'm not feeling anything for him anymore actually, but it does feel nice to reminisce on our past.

When Greyson woke up, we stopped our conversation and watched a movie that was in French. Which sucked because it was a nice movie, about dogs and cats and rats (take note of the sarcasm).

After a few minutes, Greyson fell asleep again. The turbulence made him fall on my shoulder. I looked at him and I saw his lips moving, like he was saying something. I looked at Robert and he fell asleep too. I looked back at Greyson and I bent my neck nearer to hear him.

"I love you Cameron."

I felt like I needed to say something to reply to him even if he's asleep and so I did..

"I love you too spider."

Then I saw the end of his lip smile.