Chapter 34

I put my hands on my face and said, "I'm going to blow up like a bomb later  and I might not even be in the right mind to apologize for the casualties I'll be making."

Greyson took my hands off my face and kissed them. "You'll do fine, you won't breakdown like you did before, you'll handle this like a matured adult." He assured.

"That's flattering but I'm afraid its not working." I said.

"I believe in you." Greyson said half-smiling.

We heard the honk of a car and he immediately stood up. He flung his bag on his shoulder and my bag on the other.

"Come on." He reached out his hand smiling.

I took his hand and we went out. Nathalie and Jelly's butler leads us to the car and waves us goodbye as we leave.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Letter." Greyson greeted.

"Goodmorning." Mom said smiling at him through the rear view mirror.

They both chattered for the rest of trip, talking about our upcoming party next week. As soon as we reached home, Greyson said his goodbyes and we both got off the car. Before we even reached my porch, mom cam running after us.

"Would you like to talk over coffee?" She asked as soon as she reached us.

I just kept dragging Greyson but he suddenly stopped walking with me. I looked at him and he said, "Cameron, you know that I love you but I don't think that running away from this will solve your problems with your mom."

"What makes you think that I'd like to fix this problem between us?" I snapped.

"Cameron, please. Just do this at least for me. I'd like for you to be happy."

She just looked at me still standing in her place. I return, I just looked at her and said, "I can be happy without her." I then walked off and began fishing my pockets for the keys.

"If you won't do this for me then at least do this for your brother." Greyson whispered. I suddenly go stiff at the mention of him. "I'm sure that he doesn't like seeing you and your mom like this."

I looked up at him and he said, "Go now, just give her a chance to talk to you even just for a little while."

"Okay." I mumbled.

Greyson smiled and led me back to my mom. "If ever something happens, I'll be here waiting for you in my house. You just go knock on my door and I'll be here to welcome you in. But now, you go spend time with her and try not to blow her off okay?"

I nodded.

"Cameron would love to talk to you over coffee." Greyson said smiling.

Mom smiled and reached out for a hug. Greyson pushed me lightly away from him and she hugged me tight. "Thank you so much for giving me a chance." She whispered.

She let me go and we both go in the car.

"Thank you for the ride Mrs. Letter." He said when he opened the door for me.

"Oh it was nothing, nice meeting you Greyson."

"Nice meeting you too." He said smiling.

He closed the door and waved us goodbye.

"I'm really happy that you decided on giving me a chance." She said as she stopped on a red light.

I just nodded and looked out on the window. I'm doing this for Collin and Greyson. I'm doing this for them. I repeatedly chanted in my head as a reminder.