Chapter 3

As soon as we reached the woods, we slowed down and began walking. I sat on a big rock and leaned on the trunk of a tree.

"I can't believe that you made me run that far." I panted between syllables.

"You're already tired?" Greyson smirked.

"Do I look like I'm not?" I asked still panting.

"Fine." He held my back and the back of my legs then hoisted me up bridal style.

"I'm just tired not crippled." I said trying to steady my breathing.

"Its fine, you aren't heavy anyway." Greyson said.

"How dare you insult me." I mocked hurt.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Its true. You're just as heavy as my backpack." 

I laughed sarcastically.

Halfway through, Greyson finally let me walk. We talked about his life then mine, carefully picking what to say. All the way through I just looked at my feet.

"We're here." Greyson said.

I looked up and saw lush greenery and beautiful flowers everywhere.

"Wow." 

"You like it?" Greyson asked.

"Yeah, I've never seen anything like this before."

"Come on." He grabbed my wrist and we walked through the high beautiful high grass that seems to delicate to step on. Greyson stopped and I looked at him.

"See that?" He pointed. I looked at the direction where he was pointing and saw a small but beautiful waterfall.

"Its, beautiful." I said staring at the waterfall.

"Yeah well, we'll go there later. Come on let's eat." We walked to the center of the meadow and laid on the grass. He gave me a bag of chips and watched the clouds.

"So how did you find this place?" I asked looking at him.

"My mom and dad actually just told me about this."

"Oh," I said, looking back at the clouds. "Hey that looks like a hippo." I said pointing at a cloud.

He looked at the sky and smiled. "You like hippos?" 

"Yeah, they're like the cutest things in the world." I said pretending to pinch the cheeks of the cloud.

He laughed.

After eating, I snuggle closer to him and we make out things from clouds like idiots. 

"Does your mom know about this?" He asked.

"Nope, why would I let her know?" 

"Because she's your mom?" 

"She's not my mom, she will never be my mom okay? She's just like Janine, and someone Janine-like will never be part of my family. Ever." I said, mentally slapping myslef for getting to defensive.

He just nodded and changed the subject. We started to talk about school, his work, his upcoming tours, and other things.

"So will you come?" He asked, sitting up.

"To your tour?"

"Yes, it will be for five weeks. Please?"

"I can't." I said, sittimng up. "Its not that I don't want to, I really do. Its just that... I just can't. I'm sorry Grey." I looked down and peek at him underneath my lashes.