Chapter 27

I was on my way to school, when after a few blocks, I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Greyson running towards me which caused me to casually walk faster.

"Cameron! Slow down a bit will you?"

After a few seconds, he caught up to me.

"Hey what's up?"

I just ignored him and looked at the ground.

"Hey what's the problem?" Then he added, "Cameron. Hey hey." He held my shoulders and stopped me.

"Cameron. Look at me."

But I just looked at the ground.

"Cameron." Greyson held my chin and tilted my head enough for me to look into his eyes.

"Hey," His voice soft "what happened? Is everything okay?"

I wanted to stay like this forever but its impossible now. Tears welled up in my eyes and as if it was a reflex, I pushed him hard enough for him to stumble.

"What did they do to you again?"

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"I told you to tell me everything. I promised you that I'll be here for you, that I'll help you if you won't tell me anything?"

"Just leave me alone." My voice trembling.

"Cameron." He sighed.

All the make up I put on my bruises awhile ago were washed away by my tears and I just made it worse by rubbing my eyes and he was beginning to notice it, so I ran down a few blocks before feeling a little breathless. I walked all the way to school the rest of the time. When I reached school, everyone was glaring at me and whispering. For a moment I was surprised then it hit me: Janine made them hate me.

I just made my way to my locker and started stashing books in my bag. Suddenly, I felt someone tugging my shirt sleeve, I turned around and saw Greyson frowning at me.

"What happened?" Greyson asked.

"Nothing."

"Cameron." He sighed.

"Leave me alone." I said through gritted teeth. Then I left.

Classes went by fast and before I knew it, it was already 5th period and I was in the same class as Greyson. I sat on the farthest seat at the back and of course, he was beside me.

I was jotting down notes and at the middle of the class, this headache began to strike me. I wasn't able to recognize what I was writing. I put my pen down and just stare at my notebook.

"Hey Cameron, are you fine?" Greyson whispered.

I just ignored him and continued jotting down notes and few minutes later, the bell rang and it was lunch. I began stashing everything in my bag and Greyson kneeled in front of me.

"Cameron, what happened awhile ago?"

"I told you it was nothing." Then I stood up.

The room emptied out quickly and we were the only ones left. He called my name and his voice echoed through the whole room.

"Cameron." He called one more time.

Instead of stopping, I just made my way out. I walked down the hall to the fields which was behind the school. Roars of laughter and screams of happiness echoed through the halls. The noise came out from the cafeteria, they must be having a food fight.

I was finally out and a rush of wind came right through me. I sat on the bleachers and stared at the seemingly endless field of grass. I took out my lunch and ate. I cleared my thoughts and just enjoyed the moment of being alone.

I heard the clicking of heels against the steel bleachers.

"Hello sissy."

I looked up and saw Janine and her posse with their stilettos and mini skirts, and I mean really miniature skirts. I looked back down and just munched on my apple.

"Hey I'm talking to you." Janine said, annoyed.

I just continued munching when suddenly my hair was pulled by Janine.

"What do you want?" I asked angrily.

"What I always wanted, you know? The one where you and Greyson would never talk again because I said so." She replied.

"It's not my fau--"

Then she cut me off, "Of course it was never your fault. What can he see in you that I don't have!?" Then she pushed me down, letting go of my hair.

Then all of a sudden my phone rang.

"Ooh who could that be?" Janine took my bag and began to search it.

"Janine stop it!" I snatched my bag from her but her friends just pushed me and helped her find it.

"Bingo!" She held my phone and threw my bag at me.

She looked at it and rolled her eyes, "Look at who called you. Your boyfriend!"

I walked up to her but she threw my phone at one of her friends.

"Real immature Janine."

"Real immature really?" She took my phone from her friend, "What if I did this?" She threw my phone at the steel ground.

"Janine!" I screamed.

"And stepped on it." Right there and then her stiletto heel pierced right through the screen and it died.

"Ugh, what a loser." A girl behind Janine said.

"I guess he won't be able to contact you now." Janine said with her evil grin.

"One more thing, I don't care if dad buys you another phone and I don't care how many times he'll keep on buying you one. As long as you don't keep your distance with Greyson I will just keep on making your life a living hell." she added.

She turned around and left.

I just took my phone, stared at it and threw it on the field.

Classes went by quickly, quickly but painfully. Greyson kept on bugging me and I tried so hard to ignore him. Him calling me every after class became more frequent and his tone got sadder each time.

We were in hallway when I got fed up.

"Greyson stop it!" I said "Why can't you understand that I don't want to talk to you or to be with you right now?" with that I just walked away and went home.

When I arrived, Dad was sitting on the couch watching a MMA fight intently. His eyes quickly went up to mine and smiled.

"Hey sweetheart."

"Um... hi."

"Your friend was here awhile ago."

"Who?"

"I think his name was Greyson. He's waiting for you with Janine upstairs."

"What!?"

"Oh hey Cameron! I was just talking to Greyson about you." Janine greeted as Greyson looked down on me from the mezzanine.

I went up and went straight up to my room 'til Janine held my arm.

"Cameron. Wouldn't you greet Greyson at all?" She asked with that same smile that greeted me when I first step foot in this house.

"No." I replied sternly before pulling my arm from her.

I looked at Greyson and I could see the hurt in his eyes when I said that.