Chapter 5

"Are you ready?" Greyson asked through the window.

"Yeah." I replied.

I raced down the stairs and ran to the door. Greyson was already there panting but still fresh looking. I opened the door and he smiled at me.

"Come on." He grabbed my hand we walked out but a voice stopped us.

"Going somewhere?"

We turned around and saw Janine. I quickly took my hand away from Greyson he looked at me and I looked up to him. There was hurt in his eyes.

"So? Where are you going?" Janine asked.

I looked at her and replied, "We're going to the woods with the others. Wanna come?"

"I'll pass." She rolled her eyes then left.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Why don't you want Janine to know?" Greyson asked.

"She'll kill me. And besides, do you want Janine to come with us?" I whispered.

"Fair enough." He replied.

"Sorry for what I did awhile ago. I saw you. You must be mad right now." I said as I looked down.

He tilts my head up to his and says, "Cameron, its fine. I understand you. I'm not that selfish to be mad at you. I know Janine, she'll do whatever it takes to hurt you if she sees you with me." Then he smiles

I smile back and ask, "So let's go?"

"Sure." He replies.

We walk on the sidewalk and we talk about the most random things. He points at some of the sites that we passed through then we stopped for a couple of times. After the tour we went to a snow cone shop.

"So this is our last stop." Greyson said.

"A snow cone shop?" I said.

"Of course! This is the highlight of our tour! Don't you know? They named a snow cone after me here." He said.

"Of course I know. I just didn't think it was this." I replied.

"Okay okay, come on my treat." Then we walked towards the cashier.

"Two Greyson Chance snow cones please." He said.

"Oh honey, I told you to not pay anymore. I'll give it to you for free. Here." Then she hands us the snow cones.

"Well hello there. Who's your new friend here?" She asked.

"Oh this is Cameron. And Cameron this is Dana." He said.

"Hello Cameron, such a pretty pretty girl." She looked at Greyson then back at me. "Why aren't you and Greyson still dating?" She asked.

Then Greyson suddenly choked on his snow cone. I patted his back and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah. I just got a little too much." He replied.

I turned back to Dana and said, "Well thank you. I think I just don't want a boyfriend or anything like that. Besides, there are more prettier girls that deserve Greyson."

"Well... Okay." She replied.

"Well we gotta go now. I still have to take Cameron home. Bye Dana." Then we walked off.

"So am I yummy?" He smirked.

"Let me see." I chomped on my snow cone and smiled at Greyson.

"So am I yummy!?" He asked eagerly.

I laughed and said, "Yeah yeah. I must admit from all of the snow cones I tasted this is my favorite."

"Glad you like it."

All the way home we just talked and ate and when we got home we threw our snow cones in the trash bin. I looked at Greyson and he was pouting.

"What's with the face?" I asked.

"Now my twin snow cones will be living in the dumpster." Then he sighs. "May you rest in peace my brothers." Then he pats the trash bin.

"That's the stupidest thing I ever heard." I said as I laughed.

Then he laughs. "I would've hugged you goodnight right now but someone's spying on us."

I looked at my house and see Janine peeking through the curtains in the living room.

"Well see you tomorrow." I said.

"See you." Then I walked away.

I went inside my house and saw Janine and Desiree looking at me angrily.

"What?" I asked.

"I told you to stay away from Grey but what do you do? You go closer and closer to him! I don't even know what Greyson sees in you! You're just a big ugly slut who thinks she's all perfect. Well wake up biatch! You're nothing but an attention-seeking whore." She shouted.

There were tears forming in my eyes already but I kept them in as long as possible.

"We were just doing fine until you came along." Then she walked towards me then pushed me to the floor. "Why do you always have to take everything from me!" Then she kicked me and left.

Desiree walked towards me and held my cheeks until they were already hurting.

"What did I tell you? What did I tell you!?" She shouted.

"You told me to not do this again." I quickly replied as my tears were already flowing.

"Did you follow me?" She asked through her gritted teeth.

"Yes." I replied.

"You liar!" Then she slaps me.

"Now I'll ask you again. Did you follow me or not?"

"Yes! What I'm saying is true! You're just the one who's making the malice here."

"Oh really?" Then she pulls me by the hair and we go to the bathroom. She opens a big bucket then dunks my head into the water.

"Now answer me. Did you follow me or not?"

"No. No I didn't!" I said.

"Good! Now, if you don't want me to do this to you, you better stay away from Greyson. Remember, he's Janine's not yours." Then she dunks my head one last time them leaves.

I raised my head up and ran up the stairs and into my room. I buried my head into my pillow and let out all my tears out. Then suddenly my phone rings, I looked at it and saw Greyson. I threw my phone across the room and ignored it. I heard pebbles being thrown at my window. Instead of opening my window, I just ignored it.