Chapter 18

Athena checked in at Catalonia Barcelona Plaza, an imposing hotel situated in Plaza Espana. It is next to Fira de Barcelona facilities and Montjuic. She booked a suite for a week and thanked the receptionist after giving her the key.

She didn't have much luggage, she only has her louis vuitton backpack, her macbook and her nikon camera plus her "things."

She looked inside the suite which was on the 10th floor of the hotel. She has a nice view of the fountain and the venetian towers. Her suite is on the Gran Via side giving her a nice view. She likes Barcelona so far.

She can taste the authentic paella, which is one of the famous dishes Spain is known for.

It was already three in the afternoon and she decided to explore the city later tonight.

She took out the Barcelona tourist guide and checked on the things she wanted to see.

She definitely is excited to see Antoni Gaudi's works- The Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlo, La Pedrera, Colonia Guell and the Palau Guell among others. She hopes she will have enough time to see everything while getting her mission accomplished,too.

She took off the maxi dress she is wearing and changed into a pair of black leggings and white long sleeves top. She sat on her bed, opened up her mac and reviewed the information given to her about the "target." She is here for the look see- if she thinks it is valid- she will finish it up. If not, she will politely refuse and move on with her life. Simple.

The target is a 40 year old Spanish American bachelor heading an oil company. She looks at his file photo, a tall, fit guy gifted with looks. She smirked. Too bad, she has to end his life if indeed he is a crook just like everybody else.

His file reads: he swindled contracts from other oil company by doing under the table bribe and ordered a murder-for-hire to those who didn't vow down to his whims. He was also known to be a womanizer, while being in a relationship to a fine young spanish senorita. He thinks he is God's gift to women and brutalized women in bed.

Athena's blood is boiling for this man. She made a decision, something she knows she won't regret doing afterwards.

After taking a shower, she went out of her suite and headed down the hotel's front desk.She asked direction to the places she wrote down on a paper- the Gaudi buildings she wanted to see.

Everything is accessible by their efficient Metro system. She took the metro and headed over to Ramblas where the Palau Guell is.

The Ramblas, a 1.2 kilometer tree-lined street which is like a pedestrian mall , very popular with both tourists and local-alike. She strolled through the crowd with her nikon hanging around her neck. She took some photos while walking and so far liking the ambience of Barcelona.

It is a bit crowded for her taste, but she likes it anyways. She is really not here to be a tourist but she appreciates the city's architecture, feel and food.

She got to the Palau Guell and gotten herself a ticket which allows her in fifteen minutes. She waited outside as people line up to get inside. While waiting she took photos of the building's exterior, excited to see the first of Gaudi's many buildings.

Even when she was little she liked nicely designed and unique buildings. If she continued college she would have taken architecture. Although right now, she can enjoy the architecture without the degree.