Chapter 6

My Beloved Assassin Chapter 6

Jake is in a restaurant meeting his informant. He said he has some information on Nemesis.

He got there just in time, it was a small restaurant in Quezon City area. He shook the hand of the guy who is wearing a big hat and sunglasses.

"Hello manong.. Salamat naman at nakipagkita ka sa akin- hopefully good and useful yang dala mong impormasyon para sa aking," Jake said.

They ordered coffee, when the waiter came to their table.

"So anong dala mo ngayon,manong?" Jake asked.

He handed Jake a short brown envelope, he said ,"May mga larawan dyan at Iba pang dokumento pero buksan mo na lang pag nasa opisina ka na."

Jake nodded, he took the envelope and secured it inside his bag.

They finished drinking the coffee they ordered , paid and shook hands.

"Salamat,manong. Balitaan mo ulit ako pag may bago,okay?" Jake said as he handed him an envelope in exchange for the information he just got from him.

"Okay, bosing. Salamat din,sige."

He left first and after a few minutes Jake followed out of the restaurant and went back to his car.

He can't wait to see what's inside the envelope. He decided to go home first before proceeding to his office. The restaurant was closer to his place than the office anyway.

He felt the envelope inside his bag to make sure it's there. He's not sure if he can actually wait til he gets to the office to open the envelope. He plans to open it as soon as he gets home and make copies of it, so he can study it some more when he is home. He knows that as soon as he brings it in the office it is official file and should only be kept in the confidential 

File section under the case he is working on.

Traffic was bad, he checked his watch- it was already ten o'clock 

in the morning. He should've been at the office at 9 but because he met his informant first and now dropping by at his apartment he is running very late- he pulled his cellphone out of his pocket and called his office that he will be late just in case someone is looking for him. Although he is the head of the unit, he wants to be the role model among subordinates even when it comes to promptness in reporting for work. Today was an exception since any information about the case or Nemesis is crucial for him- for his team.

The drive back to his condo is proving to be a pain, but since he is almost there he decided to continue heading towards his place.

-----

In Hongkong, Athena just checked in at her hotel. It was the luxury Ritz Carlton Hotel. Her suite has a magnificent view of the spectacular city and harbour. She was pleased with her suite, she opened up her small luggage. She is only staying for a week and she likes to travel light, if she needs anything else she can easily buy it , she is in Hongkong anyways.

She took her clothes out and hang it inside the nice size closet. She hid her luggage inside. She then opened up her backpack where she keeps her Mac.

She opened a file and read about the background of the target she is doing ocular on.

The target was Jason Lee, she looked at his picture on file. He is still 

young- he took the position of his father after his death. He was 23 then freshly graduated from College, now he is 35.

They have a legitimate company which is a multinational company named Lee International. The drug operation is hidden inside the organization and she has to penetrate the operation to be able to make sense out of the necessity of eliminating Jason Lee.

The company is holding its Annual Company Anniversary Party and it is going to be held in Ritz Carlton hotel, the reason why she is staying in the luxurious hotel.

The party is scheduled in two days. She has inside information about the secret operation within the company of Jason Lee. Although the company is legitimate, the core of Lee's wealth 

relies much on the drug operation he inherited from his now deceased father. A source of revenue he can't get rid of - especially if it is the biggest source.

Athena closed his Mac after reading all she needed to know, for now. Jason Lee's face is embedded in her memory now.

-----

Jake parked his car at the basement parking- he hurriedly walked into the elevator. He pressed the button and waited til he gets inside his condo.

As soon as he was inside his unit, he took the brown envelope out and sat infront of his small desk where his computer is at.

He took out some documents and pictures from the envelope. The documents are the list of all vehicle 

plate numbers of the visitors who attended the night of the party. Since it was valet parking, they kept a list of all the cars' plate numbers and the corresponding times it was retrieved.

The pictures contain that of a certain vehicle living the scene around the time Baltazar was killed. Another picture is that of a screen capture from the security camera of a hooded individual going out of the gate around the time after Baltazar was killed. All the other pictures were of the victim before he was shot, who he was around and who has questionable look in their faces.

Jake made copies of them and scanned them and puts them back in the envelope. He isn't sure if the pictures and documents will help him but they will assist him further in his investigation.

After he made copies and saved them in his files, he went back to his car and drove it heading to the office - finally.

He took a can of soda from his fridge, picked up his bag and started getting ready to head out when his phone rings. He answered it on the third ring.

It was Rachel. Hesitating, he said " Hi."