CHAPTER 33

I'm sorry I lied Jake...but why do I feel like I didn't. Why does it feel like this is the right thing to do?

She pressed her hand on his chest and opens up her lips some more.....allowing him to kiss her more...much deeper.

After the kiss, they were both silent...only looking into each other's eyes.

No words.

Jake's hands held hers. Then they kissed some more.

She loves me, this woman loves me....and I know, I know I love her,too. I have to protect her. I have to protect this woman...Jake thought.

He held her in his arms, assuring her that he is there for him.

"I will protect you, don't worry. Nobody can hurt you...." Jake promised, as he caressed her back....then kissing her forehead.

Athena felt guilty.

"You're the one that needs protecting,Jake but thank you- you're the second man who sincerely want to protect me. I'm sorry if I lied to you. This is the only way I know to pull you out of your world right now. I can't let you get dragged in my world. I can't let you get killed. I can't just let you die. I can't make a choice between you dying in my own hands or theirs, I just can't...I'm sorry. When the time comes- I hope you'll forgive me for lying about this..." Athena thought.

Although she knew perfectly that he is somehow a part of the world she is in- a part of those who want to end her world, and maybe end her,too.

But right now, Athena doesn't have time to worry about her own safety- she is more concerned about Jake's.

She felt Jake's gentle kiss on her forehead. It was sincere.

She knew she's lying but why does her heart feels like this is not a lie at all. That it was perfectly fine for him to comfort her this way. That it was right to feel warmth in her heart when he hold her like this..

And when their lips met, as if it was just a natural thing to share with each other.

She closed her eyes.

If only for a moment she can forget everything and feel how it is to be a woman- something she thought she wouldn't feel. Something she can not allow. Something she can never have.

But now- why is she feeling this way?

Why does she feel like wanting to be his woman?

Why is she feeling a sense of regret suddenly?

Hoping that they'd met in  different circumstances.

If Jake knew who she really is.....

Will he still  treat her this way?

Will those same hands easily wrap around her neck instead or even pull the trigger to end her life?

Will those same lips instead urge her to surrender or wish her death?

Will the intensity of his kiss be as much as the intensity of his anger if he finds out......

The truth that she is Nemesis?

Athena felt chills run down through her spine.

She opens her eyes looking up at Jake's eyes.

His smiling eyes.....

Will those eyes instead show deep hatred towards her instead of gentleness?

Jake smiled....

"You must be really scared,Karen.." he said as he touched her face...

He smiled reassuringly, "I told you I will protect you, I won't let anyone hurt you...that I promise..." he said to her as he pulls her back in his arms for an embrace.

"I think I love her...I think I love this woman,too" Jake thought.

He hasn't felt this way for quite sometime- it was a nice surprise and it is happening so fast, but he is welcoming of it.

I love her.

**************

Author's Note

Please don't forget to comment & vote...

Thanks guys!