Chapter 31

Jake's Office

Jake was studying the file on Nemesis again. He has the sense that he is getting close to him but can't place why he has that feeling.

He reviewed all documents that contain information on the on-going investigation about capturing Nemesis.

He sighs, they already checked all the leads possible and they reached a dead end.

"Are we going to wait for another killing before we can catch Nemesis again? Ahhh I hope not. I hope he makes a mistake this time and gives us the opportunity to catch him. And when he does, I will make sure to catch him alive with my own hands..." he said to himself with conviction.

His head is throbbing from thinking too much about this case and another reason is that woman...Karen. The mysterious and beautiful Karen, who he wants to really get to know really well. Not just a one night stand or anything. Maybe if he is lucky , his new girl.

He smiled at the thought then the image of her face came up again, he felt his heart beat faster just the mere thought of her face..her lips...and her body.

He knows he is strongly physically attracted to her but knew pretty well that's not only the reason he wants to know her more- because of something much much deeper.

Athena's Apartment

She received another communication from the people behind Jake's murder. She still hasn't responded and they are demanding explanation.

Twenty-four hours.

That was the deadline for her decision.

Then hell will break loose.

What is more important to her?

Her life by killing Jacob Espada or giving him the chance to live and her chances of getting killed because of him?

Ahhhhhhh I'm going crazy!

She took a sip of the red wine and threw the glass on the wall.

The sound of glass breaking resounded in the silence of her apartment.

She stood up, puts her coat on and took the keys out of her pocket and slammed her door shot.

"Sorry, Jake. I don't have any other choice..." she said it loud as she climbed into her car.

***Author's Note*****

Sorry for the delayed updates.

So...she made a decision...did she change her mind about saving Jake's life or she wants to save hers?

See you on the next chapter...

Sorry if it is short...

Appreciates your comments and votes and for patiently waiting for updates on my stories.

Even if it feels like a million years sometimes haha;-)