Chapter 8

She is dressed to the nines as they say- a body hugging blue tube satin gown, the V-shaped neckline is low her cleavage peaking. She has a glass of red wine in one hand, her clutch in the other. Her eyes traveling around the now filled party for Jason Lee. She moves toward the bar, her back at it and sipped from her glass, still trying to find where Jason Lee is.

As she stood there keeping her eyes wide open, alert yet making herself blend in- a man about 30 approached the bar and stood beside her, ordering a glass of Johnny walker . He was quite attractive- a Mixed race gentleman who is now eyeing the equally irresistible Athena. He was about to say something towards her, but she quickly excused herself and left her position.

She can't be distracted at work, yes, she considers herself at work right now - that means she can't play.

Athena doesn't really play- not her cup of tea, she is not gay or anything , she just fears getting attached, she thinks it is a sign of weakness, she is not an ordinary woman after all- she can pretty much take care of herself, without a man. She survives the rest of her life without being involved with a man, thus, she remains a virgin-literally.

Never been kissed, never been touched. But she is not naive unlike others. The absence of man in her life made her a self sufficient woman, self serving. She smiles- as if she just thought of a one little secret only her knows about, she doesn't have anyone but herself, so her little secret is safe , hidden deeply within her, which she sometimes let out in the open -once in a while she does.