Chapter 21

Nemesis has the ears for danger, right now she knows she is being tailed. She is driving as careful as she can be but making sure she drops whoever is tailing her.

One comes to mind, Jake. She knew subconsciously that she will be followed so she made a wise decision not to go straight home yet.

"Darn it!" she thought, "Why would I risk myself and invite an accident?"

Instead she drove leisurely back to where she came from not a care in the world if someone tails her. She has all night to drive around and do nothing.

Jake on the other hand was three cars away discreetly following her. He doesn't know why but there was a hint of suspicion hanging inside his head about the woman. "She is one hell of a mystery, that one for sure! " he thought.

He turned his radio on, listening to the late night classical music while making sure he doesn't lose sight of the woman named Karen. He doubts it very much that that was her real name but that was beside the point. She is quite interesting in a lot of ways it reminds her of that woman at the party.

Light bulbs lit up in his brain, the eyes, those pair of eyes.

He almost missed her when she saw her do a U-turn. He followed her as she seem to drive rather slowly. He doesn't understand it. A while ago, she was in a big rush to get the hell out of his sight, now she seem to not care if he does or not.

Still he follows her. She stopped at the red light. He was three cars apart. He can easily tail her closely but he is not about to do that.

Athena, saw on her rear view mirror that Jake is tailing her. He is too obvious. She smiled and stopped at the red light. She has to think fast where she could go.

Then she thought she should completely change her plans for tonight. Damn that man! She hardly goes out but when she does- there are little pests hanging around bothering her! Not that he is really a pest, she is more afraid of what he is, his effect on her. His personality is too strong to not know he is very attractive and she doesn't like that. Not at all. Especially she knows, he is the enemy- not personally, but professionally. She knows he would kill to find out who Nemesis is and she won't give him that satisfaction.