Chapter 35

SOMEWHERE IN THAILAND, After a Month.

Athena aka Karen just went out of the shower. She took the towel off her hair and gently rubbed it around her hair to dry it off before picking up the hair dryer to completely dry it off.

She's been in Thailand for almost a month now. Away from the chaos and action that is in Manila. 

This was a neutral ground and nobody would figure out they were here.

It was almost 10 in the morning she's guessing.

Living here was laid back and you can predict what time of the day it is even without looking at your watch.

After she dried her hair she went out of the bathroom to find Jake still sleeping.

The sheet was peeled off him, so his bare chest is visible.

Athena swallowed hard.

She still can't believe they're together. She can't believe that with all her lies, Jake took the time off from his work just to be with her- although he is still working while with her, he is still away from what she knew as his passion- his work being a police detective. He promised a month, but now it is more than a month, and he is still with her. 

She still can't get used to the fact that she is with this gorgeous, sexy, irresistible man- and the fact that he said he loves her. 

Crazy as it sounds but she likes that idea. Of them loving each other. 

And the more they are together, the more sure she is that she is in deep shit falling in love with this man.

Not that it is a bad thing, but the fact that she is not coming clean about who she really is, and the fact that when he knew who she really is- everything will all crumble down and that what's she is afraid of. Them being back to real enemies. Him hunting her down, while she tries to run away so she doesn't hurt him, physically and emotionally.

She is kinda enjoying the peace and company of being with Jake.

Is there something wrong about that? she thought.

She sighs as she sat by his side and pulled the sheet up and covered him up to his chest.

Jake stirred, his eyes opened a little bit and his lips twitched up into a smile as soon as he saw her.

His arms automatically pulled her to him.

Athena laughed.

Soon enough, his lips are on hers.

Her robe off her, his only clothing that is his boxers was peeled off him.

His mouth on her, his hands all over her, her hands touching him everywhere.

They were both panting and sweating when the excitement wears off, with Jake lying on top of her, and kissing her lips tenderly.

Athena kept her eyes closed.

Who would want this to end? 

Being loved by him..touched by him....

No one can blame her if she continues to lie....

Because right now, lying will keep both of them safe and temporarily happy.

Just a little bit more time....Athena thought.

A little more before I said goodbye to Jake, when I know who the real enemy is. When I know he is safe.

Athena looked at him straight to his eyes as she kisses him back.

"I love you..." Jake whispered after their kiss and smiled as he lays his head next to hers.