Chapter 5

Jake woke up with a splitting headache. He was on his bed naked under the sheets. He looked beside him and found her gone. He swiftly got up putting the blanket around him as he looked around his living room, bathroom and kitchen- she was nowhere to be found.

He cursed and went back to his bedroom slumping back to his bed.

He used his fingers to comb his now growing hair- he needs a haircut.

He felt like he just had a one nighter but the feeling of the girl when the guy leaves first- not the other way around. He laughed. He can't remember what time they fell asleep.

He remembers she was dreaming and thought of him as whoever the guy she is with. She was drunk and lonely- she mistook him for someone else and he needed someone last night- he felt a little guilty but thought they both used each other in a way.

He closed his eyes and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't.

He decided to try again and sleep some more.

He needs it especially today- it will be a long day at the office. He has a couple of leads about Nemesis to follow up tomorrow and later he has to go through all the information to check for its validity.

He just relaxed and stayed on the bed, if he can't fall back to sleep at least he can rest a little bit more.

He thought about Nemesis- he is aching to bring him down .

********

Meanwhile, Athena aka Nemesis was headed to the gym. She usually wakes up early for her exercise. It was a routine she follows.

She has a flight to catch later today. She is going to Hongkong for an assignment. A background check on a Chinese-American drug lord who operates in Asia and has a major operation in Manila.

She puts her stuff in the locker- the gym is on the penthouse level where there is a swimming pool and game room,too.

She went to the treadmill and started her walk.

She has 30 minutes to spare today otherwise it would have been 45minutes up to an hour, if she isn't busy- that was a joke, she is almost always busy.