Chapter 4

Jake was busy reading Nemesis profile. It reads:
Age: between 25-35
Sex: Unknown
Description: master in hand combat, weapons, master of deception and subtlety, blends in with the crowd, master con artist,multi-lingual,highly intelligent, beats the stereotype madman- high self confidence
Cases: 5 international hits, 2 local hits
Victims: Mob members, corrupt government officials, corporate thieves
Sighting: No known visual encounter with anybody

It was 9 in the evening, he can’t sleep- he was busy thinking about the Nemesis. He requested to personally handle the capture of Nemesis: Dead or Alive. It was called the Nemesis Project.

He is still investigating the murder of Baltazar recently and the underground vigilante group claimed responsible for it naming Nemesis as their hitman.

Jake sighed, this job is proving to be difficult each day especially with the inclusion of Nemesis in his main priorities. Now, he felt alone of all times. Then he thought if only she can call a girlfriend, or someone special to accompany him tonight – he needed it badly, most importantly tonight. To de-stress and forget about everything just for a few hours.

Then the image of the beautiful woman she encountered at the party popped up- Annette. She is very sexy and mysterious. There was something both familiar yet mysterious about her that he can’t quite pinpoint. But for sure, she gave her an impression that landed straight to his groin.

Ahhhhh, he remembers he actually is aching for someone tonight, it doesn’t help that he thought of Annette. Damn..I forgot to even ask her number! What happened to you, Jake..where was the smooth talker Jake who easily gets what he wants- especially when it comes to women?” Jake asked himself.

He cursed again and took one straight gulp of the Johnny Walker he is drinking. He decided he has to go out. He took a quick shower and drove to his favorite bar in Makati.

He saw some familiar faces, but there are a lot of new faces. He hasn’t been here for quite some time. He frequented this place back when he was just starting in his current job. When he was still with Jenny, her ex-girlfriend. He sat in front of the bar,

Hello Jake,” the man behind the bar said- Daniel.

Hi Dan, long time.” Jake greeted him.

“Yes, same?” he was referring to the drink he usually orders Johnny Walker, his favorite drink.

Jake nodded. He was looking around, trying to see if there’s someone – a lonely soul like he is.

He saw a woman come in. She was wearing a black tight fitting short tube dress. She looked like she just came from a party. Her hair is long and she is wearing a decorative eyeglasses- which, for some reason made her more beautiful and sexy. She walks like she is swaying – her every curve emphasized rather well with her dress.

She knows how to choose an outfit that defines her, Jake thought.

She looked around the bar, either she is looking for someone or looking for a place to settle. Her roaming eyes caught Jake’s, she arched her eyebrows a little bit and her lips twitched a little- a small smile beginning to show but it seems like she stopped herself from fully smiling at him. She walked towards where he was seated and ordered vodka with cherry. She sat beside Jake and she seem awkward and said ,” Hi there.” and showed him a perfect set of teeth. She was more beautiful when you look at her much closer. She has a flawless creamy skin. Jake stopped himself from further assessing his target for the night- and said “Hello.”

Dan, the bartender gave her the drink she ordered. She took it and drink it straight. She asked for another. Jake smiled at the bartender and then to her- “Easy, Miss. I hope you’re not driving tonight,” Jake said.
Maybe you’re right Mister. Will you ?” she asked him, her voice a little husky.

What? Drive you home you mean?” Jake asked sheepishly.

The bartender smiled at Jake with knowing look.

Yeah..I’m drinking and I might to be able to drive myself home safe tonight- it will be on you if you don’t .” she seemed to tease him.

“Sure, why not? I’ll be your chauffeur for tonight then- I won’t be drinking much then,”Jake said.

Cool..I’m Rachel.You are?” she asked.

Jake took her hand,” Jake, Nice meeting you Rachel.” he smiled.

One more drink please….” she asked Dan.

She took the next drink straight up again and after that she almost fell of her chair if Jake wasn’t quick to catch her.

Oopppss, easy.” Jake said to the now gently snoring Rachel.
Jake looked at Dan and gave him his credit card. The woman is obviously dead drunk now and passed out. He paid for his and her drinks and carried her out o the bar. Jake gave Dan his phone number and the woman’s name and picture in case someone is looking for her. He doesn’t want to be charged with kidnapping in case someone is looking for her if she doesn’t go home tonight.

He doesn’t know where she lives so he took her home with him .

There was no traffic so he easily got home quickly, his condo was 15 minutes from where the bar was, without traffic.

He laid her on his big couch. She was still sleeping. He took her shoes off and took her purse and puts it on his center table.

He went to his fridge and took a bottle of water .

He planned to take home a hot and sexy woman, he thought- he was good he was able to take one home, but he didn’t plan to take home a drunk and snoring hot and sexy woman. He chuckled and shook his head,” You’re really out of luck Jacob! You’re out of luck.” he told himself.

He looked at her and took her purse, he forgot to open t and just see if she has a wallet so he can find out where she lives. He opened it but it only has a lipstick, five 100 peso bills and a key. She doesn’t carry a form of identity or anything – she probably didn’t have to if she was initially in a date with somebody she doesn’t have to bring a wallet or ID for.