Chapter 41

Athena looked out the window, she can only see the white fluffy clouds that look like cotton balls and snow, she sighed as she thought about Jake. By now, he probably realized she is gone. She felt a tinge of guilt erupting inside her but knew this was the right thing to do. Leave him. For his own safety.

She has to finish everything to make sure they leave him alone. And her, she will try her best to forget about him and be back to normal.

Normal? she asked herself. How can she be back to her normal self when she knows deep inside her it would be extremely hard for her to forget him.

Yes, for her own sanity she has to be back to her old self. She wasn't herself for a while. She was used to being able to control everything that happens around her most especially her emotions. She knows how to detach herself from any scenario, but how did she not know how to handle the scenario that is 'Jake.'

She sighed again and tried to close her eyes. As if by doing that she will easily forget everything.

She is so wrong.

To be continued..

*****

A/N

Hi guys sorry for being AWAY, been on a summer vacay and I have had a writer's block and can't seem to find the inspiration and will to write but I am trying, gotta start to exercise my thoughts again.

This is short but I wanted to write a short update which will have continuation of course, i just wanted to make sure I started somewhere.

Miss u my avid readers and friends.

Mwahh xoxo

##########

CONTINUATION....

Jake tried to get back to work and appear as normal as possible, but it was hard. It was so unlike him to leave his job just like that for a woman- a woman who just suddenly disappeared. He was upset, angry but more than anything else he was worried- afraid of what might have happened to her.

He has a lot of should have beens and what ifs in his mind but all of that are useless.

Right now he has to refocus his mind and get back on track in trying to track Nemesis. He was given an update of the team's investigation while he was gone although most of it he knows because even without physically in the office he regularly kept in touch with his team electronically.

Most of what he is reading on the report update he already knew. There wasn't much going on and it's like Nemesis flew under the radar and has been silent while he was away,too.

The last information they got was an interception they found out from an informant and that was Nemesis has a big task at hand but they don't know what it is and most importantly who the target is.

Jake cursed out his frustrations. Nemesis and then her- floating around in his mind. One he is eager to catch and brought to justice dead or alive the latter, finding her again to ease his worries and ask her a lot of things and not let her out of his sight the minute they meet again. Both are important to him- career wise and personally.

He dialed a number on his phone hoping this man will have something for him regarding Nemesis.