Chapter 29

His arms still around her, his lips still on her. She felt weak but managed to push her enough to stop the kiss.

Catching her breath, she retreated back to the wall and looked down.

Jake didn't know what to do or say, one thing's for sure - he wasn't sorry he kissed her. Come to think of it- among everything he does this was one thing he knew deep within him, he intended and wanted to kiss her so bad the first time he laid eyes on her.

He was right- kissing her is just so wonderful. Her lips so soft - sweet, her body warm under his touch.

He looked at her, she was looking down- biting her lips and looked weak.

"Are you okay?" he asked,concerned.

She looked up and smiled.

She forced a smile and nodded,"I'm okay...ah...t-thanks for the coffee." her eyes averting his gaze.

"Ahhhh...I'm sorry...I really have to go....ahmm I can just take the taxi..." Athena said, still beet red from what had just happened a while ago.

Jake smiled,"I'm not sorry...but isn't it I owe you a ride back home? I won't accept no for an answer....please?" he said.

Athena still has goosebumps, he wasn't sorry about the kiss? This guy! So blatantly honest?! Ahhh...I am all weak in my knees and can't think straight while he looks calm and collected! Haaa! But my plan worked. He is obviously physically attracted to me! But seems like it backfired to me than him. Be strong and compose yourself Athena! You need him to totally fall for you if you want to save his goddamn life!

Athena smiled and just pretended his not being sorry about the kiss.

"Oh ok. Thanks again.Uh..can I use your bathroom? I just need to straighten myself up..." She said.

"Oh sure no problem. Straight ahead- it is inside my bedroom I'm afraid. Let me show you.." he said casually as he stood up and guided him towards it.

She hesitated, but she needed to go and compose herself so she can think straight! His bedroom? For some reason she feels quite uncomfortable entering his bedroom. It was too intimate, she thought. She straightened herself up and followed him anyway. Athena, don't be foolish. You have to not let him see that you're so affected with his presence.

"Here you go, let me know if you need anything. I will be at the living room whenever you're ready..." Jake said to her, his eyes smiling.

She averted his gaze and turned the door towards the bathroom. Once inside she can't help but notice that his bedroom was actually nice and neat. It is obviously a man's bedroom. Contrary to what he said that his place might be messy. The bathroom is nice sized and has its own bath tub and separate shower. She also noticed that he seem to have a separate walk-in closet and an office.

Once inside the bathroom, she washed her face with cold water to awaken herself.

She looks at her reflection in the mirror, "Ahhhh Athena what the hell are you doing inside the house of the man in-charge of catching you? Are you committing suicide? Do you really want to end up your life? " she shook her head.

She has to go home and get to her Mac so she can figure out a definite plan.

Then she has to figure out how to lure Jake to go with her without much of a fuss.

She knew he is dedicated to his job and keen on catching Nemesis.

Little did he know that Nemesis is right infront of him! If only he knew.

He will probably won't even touch her, and if he did- maybe only to twist her neck and put her behind bars!

She combed her hair with her fingers as she wiped her face with the towel.

Once satisfied, she took a deep breath to prepare herself to go out and face Jacob Espada again.

When she went out of his bedroom, on the way out she caught a glimpse of a woman's photo framed and on his bedside.

"Damn! She has a girlfriend already! The jerk is a two-timing bastard!" why she was suddenly fuming and felt bad for his girlfriend she doesn't know.

Maybe because she just plans on making him fall for her-is why!

Ahhhhh..Athena. What in the world are you doing?

She knew though that she is the only person who can protect Jake from those people who are trying to have him murdered! After all, she was supposed to be his assassin! And she can't just go forward and come clean and tell him without revealing her true identity!