Chapter 9

Jake seated on his desk at his apartment sifting through the files he copied from the documents his informant gave him yesterday- he is only wearing his jeans- his shirt off him revealing his muscled upper body, his abdomen flat with a little trace of hair above his waist band.

His eyes are squinting at the document he has in his hand, it was an old car registration and he is trying to make out the name stated as the owner of the car- which is allegedly the vehicle of the masked individual driving away from crime scene - Baltazar's murder.

Jake is a little confused yet curious about what this document could be used in the heat of his on-going investigation. He has two things focusing on- catching Nemesis and bringing down what's left of Baltazar's cronies.

He then looked at some photographs, printed photographs out of a video surveillance. They were all grainy but with the right technology- he could extract information that he might be able to use.

He stood up and stretched a little bit- he is tired, yet sleep is too far from his mind right now- his thoughts flew back to the night of Baltazar's murder. He still can't figure out why he collapsed and wondering what happened to the woman he helped.

She was really hot, even without seeing her full self. He knows behind those mask is a thing of beauty - she reminds him of Rachel a little bit, yet the mystery woman who calls herself Annette is much more sexy and intriguing.