CHAPTER 15

IN HONGKONG

In Hongkong International Airport, a woman wearing Chanel sunglasses with a straw hat is in line for boarding the plane about to depart headed in London. She was wearing a black A-line skirt showing off his nice legs and an off white sleeveless v-neck top. She is carrying a Louis Vuitton Alma bag with a three-inch pair of black espadrilles.

When it was her turn she gave her passport and boarding pass to the British Airways personnel and went through the boarding gate. She was flying business class that’s why she was one of the few who is boarding first.

She took a newspaper on the way in and found her window seat and relaxed on her seat as she waits for everybody else to board the plane. She looks at her watch – three fifteen in the afternoon, in twenty to thirty minutes they are expected to take off and head to London. From London she is going to Paris to take a much needed vacation. She puts her Louis Vuitton bag on the top compartment and sat with her book and newspaper, and started reading. On the front page of the paper reads: Business tycoon Jason Lee murdered in his luxurious suite at the Ritz Hongkong.

She smiled and scanned the article quickly and puts it down- and started reading the paperback book she just bought in one of the stores at the airport, entitled: The Enemy by Lee Child.

PARIS, France

Athena arrived in Paris, she opened the door to her rental apartment in the Marais District. Considered to be the nicest neighborhood or district in Paris.

She likes her rental, it is a modern one bedroom apartment. A little bigger than the usual Parisian apartment. She paid cash since she doesn’t want any paper trail biting her ass in the end. It was €3500 for a month which is not bad. It was furnished, has washer and dryer, wifi Internet, a small balcony and a queen size bed. It is simple, modern and the walls are painted red. It was perfect for her, she doubts she will stay for the whole month but she rented it that period just in case.

Her next plan is to go to Monte Carlo and spend a few days there,too. She heard it is beautiful so she wants to find out if it’s true.

She plans to go back to the Philippines next month unless there’s an urgent thing that needs her immediate attention. For now she likes her peace and quiet- away from chaos. Sometimes she longs for this moment- moment wherein she can enjoy life without any complications and worries- about being found out or ending someone else’s existence.

She settled in her apartment, took a shower and had a quick nap. Later on she plans to get a quick bite to eat and sample the French cuisine. “Maybe a sandwich..I’m not really hungry,” she said to herself.

Avenue de Champs Élysées

Athena was walking via the nicely lit Champs Élysées , on one end is the Arc D Triomphe and the other end is the large white ferris wheel.

She decided to settle in a nice cafe restaurant – after she had her nap she didn’t realize she was that hungry that a simple sandwich won’t do, so she thought she will have a nice meal tonight.

She asked the waiter in her limited French that she needs a table for one at the corner of the restaurant.

She wants a nice and peaceful dinner and she also doesn’t want any man to mistake her for a prostitute pretending to eat alone. Not that she is dressed like one, but better to be safe than sorry.

She puts her shopping bag from Louis Vuitton on the other chair and settled on the other chair facing the restaurant’s entrance giving her a view of the people in the restaurant at the same time of anyone who might get the wrong idea.

She looked through the menu, she thought she’d try the escargot and a Greek salad.