Chapter 32

Athena looked at her watch as she waits for the green light.

3AM

She feels sleepy but she doesn't have any choice but to move now before it's too late.

She hit the gas as soon as the light turned green. 

With only one thing in her mind.

The shadow of the figure kept walking fast that turn into running. Jake followed the shadow. He's not sure but he knew and felt that this was the break he's been waiting for. For some reason- he knew that the owner of this shadow he  is following is that of  Nemesis.

It was a narrow street. There was no other light but the dim bulb from the dilapidated building on the side. 

Then it was a dead end. A tall concrete fence up ahead. 

The figure stopped.

Jake stopped.

"Don't move...." Jake yelled, raising his gun aiming at the shadow.

The figure remained still- 

" I have my gun aimed at your back......Nemesis."  he said slowly, his grip on his gun tight- a sweat forming on his forehead.

This is very important to him, to catch Nemesis. He can't afford to lose him again. He has to catch him  no matter what.

Then the figure moves...turning...

Hood over the head, without enough lighting - Jake can't see the face....

"Turn around slowly.....I am not going to shoot..." 

As the figure's about to turn around to face him.....

A flash of light struck Jake's eyes....blinding him...

The glint of a knife  swiftly being thrown like a lightning....

Towards Jake's heart....

And then- there was the light shining on the figure's face....