Chapter 1

Jake was cursing, he screwed up at the party last night .

After he was knocked out by something, his fellow agents found him lying on the floor, there has been a commotion and his fellow agents were looking for him.

Rufus has been killed. One gun shot on his head. He was making a speech for his girlfriend when his head suddenly snapped back blood oozing out and splattered all over Agatha's gown . She wasn't hurt.

Jake was so pissed because it happened under his watch.

Nobody saw who shot Rufus but Jake has a bit of suspicion who it was.

For sure whoever did it was a professional and didn't allow a screw up, not like him.

He took one gulp of the Johnny walker , he was so angry he threw the glass after . The impact on his wall made a dent on it . He doesn't care. Whoever is behind the murder of Rufus Baltazar will pay a high price. It ruined a link they are trying to get him nailed for- now they have to start from scratch.

Nemesis. He thought, he heard of this assasin's name before. There was a hush hush underground about a hit and Nemesis was named as the hired hit.

He doesn't know of Nemesis-now he knows. They said he was a very skilled Assassin. Nobody knew of him..only of his reputation at being good, professional and slick.

Jake's determination to nail Nemesis started. He will take him down dead or alive.

He doesn't know he already encountered the Nemesis aka Anette aka Athena.

Athena's Condo

She took off the mask, her gown and her gun holstered under her calf.

She is just wearing her bra and underwear, she took her robe an put it on and headed towards her kitchen.

She opened her fridge and took a cold can of diet coke .

She got thirsty. Her mission almost failed because of Jake. But good thing she had the dart with her.She only uses it when she wants to get rid of a possible screw up but don't want to have to kill. She was sorry for Jake, he was handsome and he has sexy eyes. She doesn't usually look at men like that especially with what she does- but for some reason Jake left a certain impression she doesn't understand. She can't get involved with anyone - not with the kind of work she does.

Sometimes she uses her femininity as bait just like last night but only when she doesn't have anything else to use.

She laughed, "Sorry na lang siya, he was in my way."

She took a sip on her diet coke and turned the tv on.

The murder of Rufus Baltazar was headline news.

She smiled. Not bad for such a distance shot. Her skills hasn't wavered. She had a very good trainer. Her face grew sad when she remembers him.

She sighed and clicked off the tv and headed to the shower.

She had a long day- she turned on the whirlpool and soaked herself.

She needed it.