Memories

One week later

Sophia Mendoza
Its been a week since LJ and I started dating. That's my nickname for him and came from how he's always texting with his initials at the end. He spoils me and makes me happy. He's a little more open now yes but he still doesn't sleep in the same bed as me, he doesn't always tell me what's wrong when he's upset, so he's still a little bit of an asshole but I like him a lot.

No one  in the mansion really knows that we're dating and nothing has really changed. I'm in my room most of the time, he's out most of the time, we barely spend time with each other although he gets me something everyday. Flowers, chocolates, clothes.... but I want more than material things.

I want him.

"Good morning princess." He snaps me out of my thoughts. It's 7am in the morning and I'm so lazy to get out of bed.
"Hey." I say smiling cheekily. He's not in a suit, he's in fact dressed very casual and homey.
"Are you okay?" He asks
"I'm good, work?" I ask confused
"I decided to work from home today." He walks towards me and sits on my bed planting a small peck on my lips. "You don't seem okay though." He says looking worried.
"I'm good." I lie.
"Sophia."

"Fiiine. Have you noticed that nothing has really changed between us? Yes we're 'together' and stuff but we barely spend time together, all you do is work work work, we never watch movies together, you're still not as open with me, never sleep in the same bed, we don't  even spend time with each other without disturbances." I say the last part lowly. "I want that." I look down.
"I'm sorry Sophia, I never thought you'd feel that way. I've just been really busy and absorbed in my work and I... honestly feel like you might get tired of me." He takes my hand and kisses it.

"Why would I get tired of you Lorenzo, why are you so scared to be happy?" I ask looking at him with a worried face. He doesn't reply. "See, you never just tell me what's wrong."
"Okay, I'm sorry, starting today princess, all my attention will be on you, I'll cut down on my hours of work and work from the office here instead, fair enough?" He asks caressing my cheek and I nod with a slight smile. "You make me happy Sophia."
"You make me happy too Consuelo." I say with the brightest smile and he returns it probably surprised I remembered his middle name. He then leans in and kisses my lips once more.

It's not long before he receives a phone call making us break the kiss. He takes his phone and puts it off ringer mode making me smile. He then places it on the dresser and gets comfortable on the bed besides me. This is one of the very few times he's joined me in bed.

I leave my beddings and lay on top of them with him wanting my body to be against his. He pulls me close to himself and kisses my forehead. "Rosella is visiting tomorrow by the way, she'll be her for a while." He says. I've chatted with his sister Rosella over the phone once, she seems a little bitchy to me.
"What if she doesn't like me?" I ask him in a low voice.
"C'mon, She will, you'll probably be the best of friends."
"She didn't seem as friendly over the phone." I pout.

"She's gone through so much pain, it made her become guarded."
"Pain?" I ask out of curiosity. He nods and acts awkward.
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I say.
"No, I want to. She found out she wasn't my fathers biological daughter later in her life, she's been kidnapped twice and heartbroken too, I feel like I should have done way more to protect her." He says the last part disappointed.

"You can't blame yourself for everything you know." I caress his hand.
"Knowing I couldn't protect her makes me feel like shit, it makes me act really overprotective now which makes her want to be far from me."
"That makes sense to be honest."
"No it doesn't make any sense baby girl, I have little control over her when she's so far away."