Wedding Bells

Lorenzo Gabriel Jose
Today is the day of the wedding. I wish it were real. I want to tie the knot between Sophia and I for real.

I've never been more sure about anything in my entire life. She's my everything. The very air that I breathe. She gave me the best gift that I stupidly couldn't accept in the beginning, my precious Kiara. I love them with my whole heart. I'm literally nothing without them.

I can't believe there was once a time that we could have been a family without all this confusion. But even worse, I can't believe that I stupidly, single handed Lu managed to fumble that.

I'm at the venue just looking around and waiting for Rosella to let me leave. She seems so busy bossing everyone around, shouting for the flowers to be put right, the chairs and all that. It's hilarious. Will is seated with Angela, Eden, Tom and Sasha in some early morning drinking.

The air is fresh and light.

It's probably because I know I'm going to be with Sophia.

The last time she came to our house, Rosella tried to hook us up and I must admit it was very successful. Even though I didn't make love to her that night, I'm thankful that we had some progress in this our weird relationship. She's been distant since that time, ignoring my attempts to reach out. I can't help but feel bad. Like she saw a part of me and it reminded her of why she left me. I don't want her to leave me. Not again.

I'm just glad that I get to live with her after we get hitched. At least then I can win her over. I hope I can. I see her walking towards me from a distance. I feel nervous and all sweaty, I don't know why she does this to me. Every damn time.

"Hey" she smiles awkwardly. I know this smile. She's feeling bad about something.
"Hey, you good?" I ask and she nods hesitantly. Yeah, she just lied. "You know it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding?" I mock to cheer her up.
"Well it's not like it's a wedding wedding." she says looking down nervously.
"True that and after this, she'll remain mine." Peter says walking up to us and kissing Sophia on the chick.

I unclench my fists after realizing I shouldn't express anger, especially not in front of my Precious Sophie. Not anymore. I smile forcefully and excuse myself.
********

Sophia Mendoza
Angela helps with the final touches, placing the veil on my head. "And done." She says tapping my nose. "You look so beautiful, like you were getting married for real." She says in awe.
"Thank you Angela." I reply still feeling sad.
"Why the face though? Not suitable for a beautiful bride on her beautiful day." Rosella adds fixing Kiara in her shoes while bringing her to me. She looks so beautiful. My princess.

"I mean I can't help but feel sad, I'm lying, not only to everyone else but to myself and most of all to Kiara." I reply looking down at Kiara.

"Sophia, you know whenever I make a decision I feel bad about, I keep the bigger picture in mind." Rosella says kissing me on the cheek. "And Kiara is the bigger picture. I know you'd do anything to keep the princess out of child services." She says making me nod.
"So don't ruin your make up, we need to make this as believable as it can be." Angela adds handing me a glass of wine. "Cheers" she says and we all clink our glasses.

Everyone looks so beautiful. Rose and Angela are my bridesmaids. They're in cute peach dresses and gold heels and jewelry while I'm in the long sleeve wedding dress that I chose when I went shopping with rose. My heels and jewelry are silver and when I look into the mirror, I can't believe I'm staring at myself. I look so beautiful, Lorenzo will drool a river.

I mean, Peter.

Priorities. Right?

This is a lot. It all feels so real. I don't know what's worse, convincing myself that I don't want a big wedding so I don't hurt Peter, or convincing myself that, knowing I'm going to hurt my own feelings.