Space?

Lorenzo Gabriel Jose
Sophia has been avoiding me these past few days. She's usually up in her room with Kiara, or in the living room but that's when I'm not in it with her.

Ever since that pool incident, she's been very distant and moody and refuses to have a conversation with me. She goes for sleepovers at Peter's, sometimes leaving Kiara here with me which don't get me wrong, I absolutely don't mind.

I feel some irritation towards her knowing she knows very well that we're meant to be together but continues to deny it because she doesn't want to break Peter's heart. I hate it.

I hate knowing that he probably does all sorts of things with her that only I should be doing to her. I toss and turn in my bed every night she's at his place for a sleepover, my heart in pieces, praying that they're not sleeping together. That body is mine and mine alone. It fits in my arms like a puzzle piece.

I love that woman with all that I have.

What hurts the most is I can't really do anything about it but just wait around for the day that she'll be mine again.

"I'm leaving now." She snaps me out of my thoughts as she walks down the stairs in a knee length, long sleeved sunflower dress, looking like everything I've ever dreamt of. "Breakfast is in the kitchen. I've left Kiara's bottles there as well for the milk to cool down. Plus I'll be meeting Sasha for lunch so I may be home a little later." She says quickly. I'm not sure I even got all that.

She has her blonde hair down with her natural curls making it look fuller.

Fuck she's beautiful.

"You look beautiful." I hesitantly walk to her. She remains in her tracks failing to give me eye contact but instead looking through her bag for probably nothing, I'm sure she's just avoiding me.
"Thank you." She responds causally. I hate being like this with her.

"Sophia." I stop when I'm in front of her and she still avoids eye contact. "Hey." I say softly lifting her head so her eyes now lock with mine.
"Yes?" She shakily furrows her eyebrows.
"Why do you choose to punish me like this? You know in your heart that you and I are meant for each other, tell me why you keep denying that fact." I desperately ask. She exhales sharply with her face softening.

"Lorenzo, things are different now. I'm with Peter and as much as you're not willing to see it, he really is a nice person. I can't be selfish and put my feelings before his for someone that didn't hesitate to break my heart." She says breaking my heart.
"Sophia, I've said it before and I'll say it a thousand times again. I'm sorry for what I did to you and..."
"I get that, I know you are and I honestly feel bad but Lorenzo, I had a life here when you decided to come back to me you know, and I can't just drop everything to welcome you with open arms. I have forgiven you but to forget is foolish." She says breaking my heart even more. "Now please, if you don't mind, I have to leave before I get late." She slips through my arms and walks out of the house quickly.

I hit my forehead over and over again. How I wish I could turn back time and do things differently.

Her heart seems rock hard and she seems to forget all the beautiful moments her and I shared. Why would she do this to me? I feel like just moving away from all this, maybe she needs some space. I mean I do love her and this isn't me giving up. This is just me admitting I can't stay here and do nothing while someone else gets to snatch my woman away from me right in front of my eyes.
***********

4pm

Sophia Mendoza
"It's so hard Sash, I don't know what to do!" I say in frustration combing my fingers through my hair. "I know what I want, I mean my heart, body and soul crave Lorenzo. He's the only one I think of whenever I get the chance but I can't help but feel bad for Peter." I explain
"You know life is extremely short yes? You can't keep holding on to someone you know you don't want to be with." Sasha sips on her wine.
"I know! But Sasha, it really is easier said than done." I comment defensively, sipping on my red wine as well.