NXT Finale

When we got to the next city for NXT and SmackDown, it was pretty early in the morning. As soon as we checked into our hotel, we got our room keys and went up to them. Alex and I went off in one direction while Stef and Mike went off in the other.

"NXT finale tonight. Gotta make sure we get tons of rest."

"Right. It's gonna be a long night." Alex nods. 

"That's for sure. And I'm sure you want to get to the gym for a few hours too, so even more reason to rest up."

Once we walk into the room, we set our things down and I go into my bags and find clothes to change into, heading into the bathroom to do so after finding what I needed. By the time I came out, Alex was already in bed and waiting. He rarely goes to sleep without me there next to him, only when he's really exhausted. I climb in and under the covers next to him, and that's when he turns the light off. After he does that, is when I snuggle into his side, an arm draped over him.

"What are you gonna do today while I'm at the gym?"

"Oh I don't know. Stef and I were talking about maybe doing a little shopping, getting new outfits for tonight. You know, it being the finale and all."

"Oh? Do I get sneak peeks at the new outfit?"

"Maybe. You'll have to wait and see."

"I hope you do decide to."

"Like I said...wait and see." I remark before getting more comfortable, and from there it didn't take us long to doze off to sleep.

Hours later, Alex had gotten up before my and had already gone to the gym to meet Mike there. I woke a little bit after that to knocking on the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I call, dragging myself out of the bed and over to the door. 

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's me." Stef says on the other side of the door.

"Morning." I say with a yawn as I open the door.

"Morning. Still tired?"

"Just a bit." I nod, stretching before letting her walk in.

"Well after tonight, you'll have all week to get your sleep. I think you should get dressed so we can go get some breakfast and start our day. I do think we need something new to wear for the finale tonight."

"Yeah, that's true."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go get ready."

"Okay, okay I'm going. Pushy." I laugh, going to my things to find clothes to change into, then heading into the bathroom to do so. "I can't believe though that this NXT journey is over." 

"I know right? Crossing our fingers that Alex wins."

"Exactly. Just makes me wonder what if he doesn't win, what's gonna happen you know?"

"Well he and Mike have bonded, I'm sure he'll come up with something and pitch it to Creative. We know for a fact that he's well liked, otherwise he wouldn't have been on NXT in the first place."

"True. Just got to think of the positives that's all."

"That's right." She nods.

"But it should be fun tonight. Finales tend to be fun right?"

"They do. I heard the others who were eliminated are going to be there tonight, and I only know that because Charity texted me and told me we'd see her tonight with Jon."

"Oh, great! Haven't really seen her around much, did she get time off to spend with him?"

"Yeah I think so. But anyways, are you ready to go?"