Chapter One

'Here we go' I thought looking over myself in the mirror. I straightened my tie up for the 12th time before finally buttoning my suit jacket up. It was my first day of class at UA high. I picked my backpack up to make sure I had everything. Pencils, paper, pens, highlighters... I think I have everything...
"Momo!" My mom's voice called over the speaker system we have installed since our house is so big, "Breakfast is ready. Hurry so you aren't late!" I walked over to the speaker that was mounted on my door and pressed the button to the kitchen.
"I'll be right down!" I told her picking my bag off my bed and exiting my room. My footsteps echoed with every step I took down the hallway. It wasn't that my house was big, cold, and empty, it was just that with only a few people living here, it was never really that loud.

Upon reaching the stairs I put my hand on the banister and tried to build my confidence. My mom and I always used to pretend I was a princess when i was younger and I loved making an entrance down the grand staircase.

I went down another hallway to enter the breakfast nook. My mom was sitting at the table as our butler, Endo, brought out a tray of food. There was fruit, yogurt, juice, and some blueberry muffins along with dishes for them. My dad walked in with the paper and kissed the top of my head.

"Good morning Momo, what do you know?" He greeted before taking his seat. I put my backpack down and and sat across from him.

"Not a whole lot," I said since nothing was really new. I grabbed a bowl and scooped some yogurt into it. I put raspberries on top of it and poured a glass of juice, "I'm sure I'll have a lot to talk about this evening though!"

"That's true, are you excited?"

"Nervous, actually..." I admitted rubbing my cheek

"You're going to do great sweetheart!" My mom reassured me. I nodded finishing up my breakfast.

"Well, I better get going." I announced standing up and grabbing my backpack.

"Chinen is waiting for you out front in the car"

"Thanks mom! I'll see you later, have a good day at work! Thank you for breakfast Endo!"  I told my parents and our butler with a wave. I went done the hall and out the large front door. I saw Chinen, a chauffeur of ours, standing outside of one of my family's cars waiting for my arrival.

"Good morning Ms. Yaoyorozu, how are you today" he greeted opening the rear passenger door.

"Very well, thank you. How are you?"

"I'm doing good, thank you" I smiled at him as he closed the door and went to the driver's side to get in.

The ride was quiet besides the radio playing. I wonder who will be in my class. I didn't really get to see many of the applicants since I was in the group of students in the recommendations group. I was also put into a smaller group after that for our competition. I honestly have no idea what I'll be walking into.

"We've arrived miss." Chinen told me, "would you like me to get the door?" I glanced around at the students who were wandering around the campus. I didn't want to come off as too snobbish.

"No, thank you Chinen. I've got it." I said climbing out of the car. I slung my bag over my shoulder and closed the door. I looked up at the huge skyscraper like building. I gulped and felt butterflies twisting knots in my stomach. I exhaled and gripped the shoulder straps of my backpack.

"I can do this..." I muttered beginning to walk up the path to UA High.

I passed a bunch of students on the way to the 1-A classroom. Some first years were showing off their quirks while older students were catching up after the break. I felt out of place. I was too shy to try and make friends out of the blue like they were. I'll make some friends, but it'll take a bit for me to warm up to them.

I slid the door to the classroom open and found it to be mostly empty. I made my way to the back corner where I was assigned to sit. I hope I would be able to see the board from back here once everyone else is seated.

I took my backpack off and set it beside my chair. I sat down and took in the few people who had already arrived. A tall boy with dark hair and glasses quickly made his way over to me.

"Hello fellow student! My name is Tenya Iida! Pleased to meet someone who respects the sanctity of this institution by showing up early!"

"Oh, hello Iida. I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Pleased to meet you too." I replied. It can't be that easy to make friends? Can it? It always seemed to be harder than that...

"I don't recognize you from the entrance exam, what group were you in?"

"I wasn't at the entrance exam, I got in on recommendations."

"Very impressive! You must be very powerful!" He said bowing

"Oh! It's really not a big deal!" I reassured waving my arms as my face began to heat up.

"You're so modest too!" He told me, still bowing. Luckily someone else walked in the room and his attention was redirected to a boy with 6 arms. I sighed in relief.

Slowly the room started to fill up more and more. I was daydreaming while looking out of the window. Every once and a while the door would slide open and I'd see the newest classmate walk in. A girl who's invisible... a boy whose face resembles a black bird, a raven or crow maybe... a boy with a tail... a girl with long green hair... and so on.

I was staring at a squirrel running around on the school grounds below when the door slid open. I glanced over and felt my breath hitch in my throat. A boy with white and red hair split down the middle and a red patch over his left eye walked in. My eyes widened and I quickly looked away. He was gorgeous. I watched out of the corner of my eye as he sat down in the desk next to mine. I wanted to say something to him, but I didn't know what to say. I fidgeted in my seat and open my mouth to speak but couldn't find the right words to say.

"My name is Shoto Todoroki" the boy spoke up before I could. I blushed a little, embarrassed that I couldn't start the conversation.

"I'm Momo Yaoyorozu. Nice to meet you!" I told him with a smile. He gave a simple nod in response.

Author's note: hello!! Thank you for reading! Just a heads up, I'm going to avoid writing out most of the big events that happen in the series (like the USJ attack, the sports festival, etc.) We all know they happened and what happened in them, you don't need to read it again. I will of course reference those events, but I won't write the whole thing out. Thank you again for reading!! I hope you enjoy it!