Chapter 16

Upset children have no appetite.

That was the conclusion Jolly made as he tried to get Lucia to eat breakfast. He had no idea why he was left with the task.

Irisu had to meet Sumire for something and everyone else was having their own breakfast. He was sitting in a music room now with Lucia.

The girl wasn't even throwing a tantrum. Then he could have snapped at her. But she just sat there looking like a defeated war general.

"Eat... Please."

"Why... why did he do that, Uncle Jolly? Is he mad?"

Jolly hadn't the faintest idea of who that man was. So he just ignored the question and tried to force feed her.

Uh... the things I'm being forced to do... Unfortunately the brat is my responsibility as I was the one who found her.....

"Lucia, if you eat this quickly I can go and find out for you. I'll make sure that man doesn't do that again."

"Really?!??! Ok!!!"

With great gusto she grabbed the spoon and started eating.

What a naive girl.....

"Good work Jolly! You got her to eat!" Irisu came in then.

She sat behind Lucia and gave her a hug.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you in your fight!"
"It's ok!!"

Jolly gave Irisu a pained look.

"Must you encourage her like that?"
"Huh? I would have driven my sword through him if he treated me like that. Who picks on kids anyways?!??!"

Jolly sighed. He stood up to leave when Irisu suddenly jumped up and linked her arms through his.

"But I never expected you to be so good with kids!"
"Wha- WHAT?!"
"Yes... so gentle... That's it! Gentle Jolly!"

Jolly rolled his eyes and pushed her away.

"I have some work."

"Ok! Say bye bye Lucia!"
"Bye Bye!"

Jolly didn't wave back. He made for the door.

"And don't forget about the meeting with Papa!" Shouted Irisu after him.

"And don't forget about the promise you made to me!!" Shouted Lucia immediately.

Jolly literally ran out.

I thought finding all of them will save me a lot of work..... why does it seem like it's even harder now........

After a few hours Jolly walked back to the house. He went to Mondo's room and noticed that the others had already assembled.

He slipped in and greeted Mondo. Besides Jolly, the others in the room were Papa, Mama, Irisu and Dante.

"What did you wish to discuss with us Mondo?"

"I had a few things to tell all of you. Regarding these new members and other things."

Everyone nodded as they seated themselves around Papa and waited for him to continue.

"Right now I have asked that they be shown the ropes so that they may choose the faction they are interested to work in. But what they choose may not necessarily be what is suitable for their skills. So I want you to continue observing them and help them to improve their abilities."

"I'm sorry Mondo, but how can we tell them what to do?" Asked Jolly.

"You have experience Jolly. Not all of them seem at ease with their arcana. Perhaps they don't quite know their full potential. You have researched on the arcana for so long and so you must have some ideas on what they can do. Besides if you have done it before you can do it again."