Chapter 33

"Morgan, Elina, Felicita, Cecil and Sherlene clear to the next round with all wins. Now for the sixth participant it's between Liberta and Debito with a win each. "

Jolly looked at the two without much interest. He clearly didn't care who passed and would have chosen one at random if Irisu hadn't told him to reconsider it.

On reconsidering he had realised that doing so might not exactly turn out to be healthy for him.

"So do you two want to decide between yourselves who goes forward? You can talk it out or-"

"We will fight!" Said Liberta immediately with a grin.

"I'm with that!" Agreed Debito

Why.........

Jolly nodded and walked away.

"Show some more interest!" Said Irisu giving him a poke when he sat next to her.

"All those who I am interested in are already through."

"How will you match them up? Six isn't exactly the right number! If we pair them off for a fight we will end up with three!"

"Yes. I know arithmetic. " Said Jolly drily as he picked up a piece of paper and started drawing something.

Debito and Liberta had already come to the center and looked up at Irisu for approval to start. She waved at them and immediately Debito became invisible.

Logically.... With his momentum today, Debito should win....

"You better win, Debito!" Yelled out Mikino.

Liberta knew it wasn't going to be easy to get Debito when he was using his arcana. He blocked all the other noises out and listened closely. Then he heard the faint click of a gun.

Liberta dodged the bullet that followed and with a seamless motion rushed in that direction.

He struck out sharply with his blade and drew blood.

Debito turned visible immediately. Liberta had just scratched his arm but that was enough to reveal him. There was no point in keeping up his arcana now.

"Come on Debito! I know your tricks far better than the others!" Said Liberta with a grin.

"So you do!" Came the swift reply "But don't think you can stop me just because you got close kid!"

As Debito holstered his gun and started fighting Liberta, Irisu looked back at Jolly's work. Her eyes widened when she saw the matchups he had drawn.

"Jolly.... That isn't exactly fair though is it? I mean I can see what you want.... You want to test them in specific ways and I totally like the idea but-"

"We are the referees right? We can do what we want. "

Irisu looked at him thoughtfully.

"They won't agree. "

"Just support me and announce it ..... Or we can make it fair.... But it will be too long and dull..... And.... "

Jolly held up the paper for her to get a clearer look, "If we try to make it fairer we just might not be able to get them to do their best!"

Irisu glanced up at Mondo and Sumire. Jolly had a free hand in the planning but Irisu was a co-referee to make sure he wouldn't do something stupid.

"Ok. But I'll say it's your idea!"

"Fine"

Jolly looked at the ongoing fight. He didn't particularly care what they thought of the idea. He wasn't interested in the results.