Chapter 34

"Alright! You wanted to say something?!" Said Debito to Mikino.

"Oh no! She said it! " Said Mikino pointing at Elina.

Elina nodded and then grinned.

"Good job!"

"I don't need you to say that!" He replied with a laugh "And you didn't say anything?!" He looked back at Mikino. He had definitely heard her voice.

"I called you a moron maybe... That's all!" She said with a cheeky smile.

"Says the moron who kept running away!"

Mikino stuck our her tongue happily. This mindless banter made more sense to her than his sly words from before. She was almost comfortable with this thing with Debito now.

Liberta leaned against the wall quietly.

"You ok Liberta?" Asked Felicita in a soft voice.

Liberta nodded silently.

"You gave up too fast."

Liberta looked up at Morgan.

"Come again?" He said stiffly.

"You give up too fast" Repeated Morgan curtly.

Liberta was bristling with anger but he stayed silent. Felicita felt awkward. She wanted to stop Morgan but she had noticed it too.

Liberta.... Doesn't give up like that

"Final round! Gather around for the matchup!" Announced Irisu coming down near them.

After making sure everyone was paying attention she continued, "First thing I would like to say is this is Jolly's idea. And the second thing is since we are the referees whatever we say goes! No arguments! Okay?!"

Four of the competitors immediately nodded while Felicita and Debito were a bit more hesitant. The others just looked on blankly.

Aah... How traumatized these kids are.....

"Based on the timings the quickest wins goes to Cecil and Sherlene. So these two will stay out of the initial matchup.

Felicita fights Debito. Morgan fights Elina. The winner of these rounds will fight each other and the winner in turn will fight Sherlene. The victor of that round fights Cecil. That's all. "

Irisu stopped to breathe and was immediately met with cries of dissent.

"What's up with that bullshit?!"

"Cecil gets one fight! Is he like a final boss or something?!"

"How come the rest of us have to slave so hard and those two get it soft?!"

Irisu raised her hand to silence them and then pointed at Jolly.

"His idea."

Immediately everyone turned to him and started complaining. Jolly was satisfied to see those he had his eyes on seemed surprised but were not complaining. It was mostly the non-participants who seemed agitated.

Jolly chuckled.

"We did say in the beginning that how you win is as valuable as whether you win. Cecil won in the shortest time and by getting his opponents to surrender. That deserves much more than what the rest of you did.

Sherlene won similarly but the one against Mikino hardly counts. So she's second. If you don't want to follow these rules give up now and we will just see who's better amongst them. "

There was a second of silence.

"We will fight" Said Felicita quietly.

She wasn't pleased with this arrangement either. It just seemed so whimsical.