Chapter 35

Final Round: Match 2 - Elina VS Morgan

"Since we are both too familiar with each other's styles.... Let's just cut the warm-up crap and get to the fight, Ok?" Said Elina.

A small smile played on Morgan's lips before he replied.

"Fine by me"

Irisu flagged off the match and immediately Elina summoned her clones. At the same time dark blue balls of energy burst from Morgan's palms.

Elina mingled in with her clones and charged in to attack. Morgan sent the blue sparks straight at them and snapped his fingers. Immediately they fizzed more brightly and blasted into a wave of energy.

The girls were blown aside but before they could focus back on him, Morgan vanished.

"Where the hell did he go?!" Screeched a clone, the one who everyone had identified by now as the murderous clone.

Then a blast of energy hit her from behind and she started writhing around and screaming as blue sparks crackled over her like lightning.

"Lightning?!" Exclaimed Irisu loudly. She hadn't thought the power of the Magician was actually of a simple nature like that.

"So it appears.... But no." Replied Jolly.

"Then?"

"It is some sort of energy maybe. I doubt his arcana is simply for summoning lightning. It wouldn't explain the other tricks. Then again I doubt his ability is as simple as 'just magic' either.

And also, from my research, the ability to control energy forms is a trait of Judgement. "

Jolly stopped and looked at Irisu as if all this was very obvious.

"I wouldn't know. Sumire doesn't even use her arcana..." She replied.

Irisu processed the explanation again and asked "Why do you think his ability is more than magic?"

"Because.... One he hasn't summoned his arcana yet. Two if his ability was truly magic it would mean it is the most limitless and powerful arcana ever. Isn't that what magic is?"

Irisu looked back at the fight. Each of the clones were being picked off meticulously by the strange lightning. And there was still no sight of Morgan.

"He disappeared right? Oh..... I see what you mean.... It would be too broken if he can do anything with magic..... "

"Which confirms that though his arcana helps him to perform magic, many are still illusions.

This lightning is probably a supplementary ability though. Real but not a primary ability. Similar to how my arcana and Luca's help us with alchemy even though they actually have another unique skill of their own. "

"They? You almost speak as if the arcana are alive.... "

"Aren't they?"

Irisu fell silent. Philosophical discussion with Jolly was not a very common thing but for now she was more interested in the fight.

Elina had taken out her knife now.

"Hey Morgan! Try to avoid this!"

She twisted around and flicked it towards a spot. But at the last second she split herself into four.

Four blades flew off in different directions and fell to the ground.

Without hesitating Elina ran in one of those directions and threw a punch.

For a second it looked like she was punching at thin air but then everyone gasped in surprise as Morgan appeared at the exact spot and dodged hastily.