Chapter 51

"What have you done to him?"

Yukino turned around and looked at Jolly.

"I can exp-"

"Let him out!" Yukino shouted. She could feel the anger wash over her. To think this despicable man would experiment on a child.

Jolly tried to pacify her but he was cut off.

"I said let him out!"

The air around Yukino started vibrating with energy and Jolly backed away immediately.

"Where are you going?!" Her voice was extremely steely as she raised her hand.

There was a loud screech and an immense force crashed against Jolly and threw him to the ground.

"Control yourself! If you use your power in here-"

The entire room was shaking due to the power of her arcana and Jolly realised she had no idea how dangerous it was.

"Shut up!!!"

Her scream whipped the air into a frenzy and a wave of energy shot out towards Jolly.

But this time he was ready and he created a shield with his arcana to block it. Yukino grabbed the pipe from her pocket and played a shrill note. A very satisfactory pulse of energy landed on Jolly and sent him staggering back.

"Listen to me Yukino! Stop and I'll explain!"

"Right?! How you experimented on him for the family?!! No! You listen to me!"

Without hesitating, she moved the pipe to her mouth and started to play a tune.

Jolly quickly created a new shield but he could see how this would be no match for the sheer power of The Empress.

Tch! I always was bad at a fight!

Jolly didn't want to hurt the girl but his desire for self preservation was higher.

I didn't want to do this......

Jolly created multiple shields in a line for defense and ran towards Yukino.

Yukino tried to move back but she was blocked by the apparatus behind her.

Jolly suddenly whipped off his glasses and activated his own arcana.

Yukino could sense the change in his aura and for a split second her focus wavered and she stopped playing the pipe.

Before she could continue it, Jolly rushed out at her and tackled her to the ground.

Yukino opened her mouth to scream but then her eyes met Jolly's.

The pulsing energy in the wind died out.

Yukino's body went limp and then she let out a guttural scream as she kicked and punched at Jolly.

Jolly rolled out of the way and watched her writhe around in pain.

It wasn't that he felt ashamed about torturing people by pulling out their most painful memories. He rather enjoyed it most of the time.

It was just that he simply had no intention of hurting this girl. Her memories caused her enough suffering without him having to pull them out for her.

Yukino stopped moving. The exhaustion from her arcana and whatever horrid memory he had shown her, had probably exhausted her.

Jolly knelt besides her and saw that she had passed out.

I suppose she does deserve an explanation.... Especially if I don't want her to go back and create trouble...

"So... you mean to say Elmo is not a real human?"