Chapter 49

Lucia tapped the window pane vigorously and watched the drops of water on the other side slide off due to the vibration.

"There's gonna be a big storm!" She announced dramatically, whirling around to face Irisu who was sprawled across the floor with a jigsaw puzzle.

"Yeah... It's moving towards us now. It will hit us soon."

Irisu tried to fix a piece in and Lucia ran over to watch.

"Kiddo.... You should be doing this yourself.... "

Irisu sighed deeply and looked at Lucia.

"But it's too hard!"

"It's supposed to be hard!" Said Irisu throwing up her hands exasperatedly.

"I don't like hard things!" Replied Lucia calmly picking up a sky piece and trying to wedge it into random positions.

Irisu was too tired to argue. Earlier that day she had done an intense session with Cecil. It was very hard to train him because of two reasons; one he was nervous about whether he would hurt her which caused him to lose focus and two; he found it hard to resist his arcana guiding his actions.

Irisu had to keep shouting at him to "Don't do anything that you yourself haven't thought of doing!"

It was very easy for her to notice too as his style and poise changed drastically when it was not of his own will.

It's a very unique case. He is so used to letting his arcana guide him that it's very presence seems natural.

That's the only reason why it can manifest itself so strongly and work against his wish.

Basically he's a nice kid- decent and sensible and that's precisely why it's harder for him to resist it.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Lucia suddenly cupping Irisu's face in her hands.

"Yes" Said Irisu with a smile "I'm too tired to solve this too. I only came so that you wouldn't feel bored!"

"Thank you!" Said Lucia, as she sat down next to her "Elmo said he had to do some stuff today. He mentioned Yukino one-chan! He promised to come by later!"

"Hm.... He will"

Irisu knew more or less what that was about.

According to Jolly, of all the new arcana assembled here, the only ones he had actually seen before in action were Justice and the Empress.

Justice's skill was self-explanatory and Mikino was aware of how to wield it, but Yukino on the other hand was still not even close to scratching the surface of her potential.

The last time Jolly had seen the Empress, it's host had used a musical instrument to channel it's power. According to Jolly, that particular host was a rather unsuitable and failed experiment, yet he had managed to control the arcana to such an extent. **

So a natural host like Yukino would obviously be able to perform better.

That's the theory anyway..... Not like any of us have a clear idea how to control them.

The door opened just then and Jolly entered.

Lucia waved at him before running off to the window and continuing to stare at the rain. She didn't particularly like rain. But it felt good to see it happen outside and not dripping all around; making puddles on the floor.

Mostly she was curious to see how bad this storm was going to turn out. If it was going to be like her dream then that was another reason to mark them as dangerous and weird.