Chapter 41

"These are all important documents that record the events on the island!

These are records of known criminals who the family may have stopped or are still on the loose.

And these are some important security detail codes- Elina! Are you listening?!"

Nova glared at the girl who was staring out of the window.

"Elina!"

Elina turned around slowly. She had no idea what was appropriate about her for this job.

She walked over to the table and picked up a paper.

"List of security codes huh? This must be worth some money right?"

Nova snatched the paper from her hand, trying to control his frustration. He had no idea why he had been stuck with her.

The Cups was in charge of Security and it amazed him that Papa considered this thieving girl suitable to work in that area.

I bet she would sell us all for a piece of bread!

"I was joking" Said Elina patiently.

She knew by now that it was too much to expect this guy to understand humor, yet she persisted out of sheer boredom.

"I know!" Snapped Nova before sitting down.

"I'll need your details to fill out this form. The security division has special protocols to follow and I need to officially record you before you can carry out your work. "

"Hmm.... Hey Nova.... "

Elina came over to his side and sat on the table, dangling her legs.

"Will I be able to go out to sea for work?"

Nova looked up in confusion wondering what an odd question it was.

"No.... We mostly deal with island and family security. Non-island matters involve Intelligence, Dante's division. "

"Okay!" Elina jumped down from the table and smiled.

"I want to get transferred to Intelligence then!"

"That's not possible. Papa has-"

"If you don't get me transferred I will make sure you regret it every single day!! "

Nova grimaced but continued calmly.

"Elina... I don't have that power. You are here to stay. It's a pretty interesting job actually. It's not all paperwork as I -"

"I don't care! I don't want to be stuck in a stupid office!"

Nova was quite irritated by her bratty behavior now.

"Look here! It's not like I want you to work with me either! You are undisciplined, rude and I'm not even sure if I can trust you with matters of great significance like this!"

Elina blew a raspberry at him.

"Back at you chickpea!"

Chickpea....??

Nova let out a guttural growl and was about to say something when the door opened and Sumire peeked in.

"I hope I'm not intruding?"

"No" Said Nova curtly welcoming her in, "What is it Mama?"

"Well... "

Sumire glanced at Elina but she had walked away to the window and was trying to coax a bird outside to come to her arms.