Chapter 39

The first thing Irisu saw when she opened her eyes was a very teary Lucia next to her.

"Aunty Irisu!!" Wailed the girl jumping on top of her.

When did I even pass out for real.....

Irisu sat up as Lucia continued to smother her with hugs.

"It's ok, kiddo! I'm fine!"

"Uncle Jolly said you almost died!" She replied seriously.

"Ha! He has a habit of exaggerating stuff!"

Irisu patted the little girl with a faint smile.

She knew that it was the truth she could have died. But there was no point in scaring Lucia.

Jolly is such an idiot sometimes...

The door opened and Jolly came in.

"Better?" He asked though he sounded really angry.

"Yeah! I said I'm sorry! Stop looking at me like that!"

"What?"

After a confusing moment Jolly replied "I'm not angry at you. It's just... A lot happened. "

"Oh? Is Cecil alright?"

"Yes." Jolly leaned against the table with a sigh "He's conscious. I left him alone for now. Didn't want to traumatize him further by asking something. His two sisters are a mess. Probably blaming themselves. "

"Naturally. Sherlene?"

"She's alive. A few broken bones and a fractured arm. Morgan collapsed after coming back too."

"Eh?!?"

"Yes. You were right. He was probably pushing it. Elina insisted that this was probably a side effect of stealing her arcana but I'm not sure."

Irisu stood up and stretched.

"Where are you going?" Asked Jolly immediately.

"To talk to Cecil. Don't stop me. Whatever he was going through, it terrified him too. He needs to talk about it. "

Jolly said nothing as Irisu headed for the door.

But before Irisu could open it, the door crashed open and Mikino and Yukino entered.

"Is he awake?"

"Can we see him!?"

"Calm down girls!" Said Irisu gently. She noticed that both of them had been crying. Before they could protest she continued.

"I'm sure you are worried about him too. But tell me, does Cecil remember everything he does in that state?"

The look on their faces confirmed her suspicion.

"I want to have a little chat with him first. If he remembers everything he must be feeling very horrible right now. I know he would feel better seeing you two, but I want to clear up any other apprehensions he may have before he meets you. Ok?"

Yukino opened her mouth to speak but Mikino held her back.

"Ok. Please tell him not to worry. We will meet him after that. " Said Mikino.

Irisu gave a nod and walked out.

"She was being sincere, Yuki. Let her talk to him first. She did stop him and help him there. "

Yukino looked away miserably.

"Excuse me?" Said Jolly with a polite cough.

"What?" Asked Mikino with a scowl.