Chapter 17

"Welcome to my casino!" Said Debito as he showed the others in. Debito, Pace and Luca were charged with Mikino and her siblings for the day. After showing them around the town briefly, they had finally reached the casino.

"Huh? How is it yours?" Asked Mikino unimpressed.
"I'm the boss!" Said Debito flashing a smile "The ownership of the club and the finances are under my control."

"Ok... So I can come to you for money right?"

WHAT ON EARTH?!??!

Debito suppressed his inner thoughts and slid upto Mikino.

"Sure... if you can win it..."

Mikino raised an eyebrow but said nothing. She then turned around and started inspecting the place.

"So dirty..." she said pointing at a stain on a table nearby.
"No its not!" Shouted Debito running over and wiping it with his sleeves.
"And the furniture is old and rickety...." she said eyeing a particularly wobbly chair.
"We were planning to use that for kindling!" Debito shouted as he lifted the chair with one hand and flung it into the corner.
"I bet you cheat your customers..."
"No I don't!!"

Then a man came running over with a nervous smile.

"Excuse me sir, but Lord Alfred is here again for the money he won."

Damn....

Debito didn't look at Mikino. He could already feel her condescending sneer.

"Just a minute..." he mumbled as he ran off to talk to Lord Alfred.

After Debito left Mikino suddenly giggled. Then she walked off to watch a card game that was in progress.

"Excuse her please." Said Cecil quietly to Pace.
"Um...no... it's fine!" Replied Pace waving him off.
"Debito just wanted to show off..." Said Luca with a sigh.

Luca gave a quick glance at Yukino who was silently standing next to her brother. He was scared to even look at her because her reactions were so unpredictable.

She hardly seems like the type who will be interested in working in a casino.....

Luca looked at her again. She had a gentle feel about her. Also he couldn't help but notice how pretty she looked even in the uniform. But this time Yukino caught his eye. Luca turned away blushing.

Yukino blinked in surprise.

Eh? What's wrong with him?

She looked at the table behind her but there was nobody there.

"What are you looking at Yukino?" Asked Cecil.

"Luca was looking there and going all red."

Luca's expression changed to horror.

This girl... I thought she was harmless...

"But there's nobody there!" Said Pace looking at the table curiously.

Stop making a big deal of it idiot!!!

"Yeah! That's why I was looking!" Said Yukino nodding her head and looking around again.

"Care to explain?" Asked Cecil.

His voice was still quiet but from his narrowed eyes Luca made a quick conclusion.

HE KNOWS!!!!!

"Ah... I thought I saw someone!"

"Who?" Asked Cecil taking a step towards him.

"I meant something!!" Said Luca laughing nervously.

"What?" Cecil asked again; his voice still low but Luca could feel the deadly brother aura from him.

I didn't realise he was so overprotective!!!

"Come on I'll show you how the place works!!!" Shouted Debito coming over.

Luca had never been happier to see Debito.

"Let's go!!" He shouted pulling Pace by one hand and running over to Debito.

Yukino and Cecil watched them run away. Cecil then chuckled.

"He's exactly like we thought...."
"So timid..." Said Yukino nodding seriously.
"You are one to talk!" Said Cecil with a laugh.

He reached out and patted her on the head.

"Let's join them! Working in a casino is better than chopping firewood!"

Yukino smiled as she trailed after Cecil. The siblings were all around the same age but Cecil always radiated the older brother image. She didn't mind. Honestly she preferred Cecil to Mikino sometimes.

Cecil never pushed her. He was quiet like her but still had many friends because of his kind nature. Atleast he did. Sometimes it comforted Yukino to know that she wasn't struggling alone. Cecil had his own problems. Yukino looked at him as he chatted with Pace.

But unlike me he doesn't let it take control of his life....

Sometimes she was jealous of how easily her siblings mingled with people and made friends. Even now Cecil had just been messing about with Luca. He wasn't seriously angry. Cecil couldn't get angry.

He shouldn't. If he truly did, we will lose everything again because nobody can stop him... not even himself.......